Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ! Hi there L&N nice to see you drop in . We have rain this morning or at least overnight.Suppose to head up to 78 but will wait and see. Have to go to a graduation party tonight so hope the rain clears up by then since it's outside in a park. Sandy those Cactus (Cacti) only bloom now and that's it till next year. Tom those gyms can be brutal without air in them. All you can do is drink plenty of liquids. Well gotta go have the morning coffee. Hope you all have a nice day !!!!! TGIF SAndy good luck with the job hunt , I would'nt recommend Steve & Barry's !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon guys,,, it's wet wet wet here, two inches of the stuff in places, it's not stopped for days now, been some fair old flooding out and about.

tonight it's project El Mod tank night, more later ;)

Good afternoon Clubbers...

Jim & Rex: When I got home from work yesterday, the Loconet cables were waiting for me - a day earlier than expected, yeeee-haw!:cool: My 9yr-old daughter said, "But dad, those are just a bunch of phone cords..?" I replied Yes but they're very special phone cords because they're the only kind that can talk to model trains. She just rolled her eyes and said Whatever... Anyway all my peripheral panels are now installed and wired. Can't wait to get out there Saturday morning and actually install the DCS100 itself.

Sandy - that consultant sounds like he has you following the approach of Richard Nelson Bolles, author of the book What Color Is Your Parachute - a popular self-help guide for job hunters, especially mid-life career changers. I read it several times, but never completed all the exercises - I always found a job before I really needed to do that. (Good luck getting that Yahoo job BTW)

Paul, my wife had some potted cacti [don't know the species] for several years, until one summer when we went on vacation and they died for some unknown reason...

Jeffrey - I saw a more benign specimen of wildlife in my backyard this morning: a young [4-point] buck! He spent 10 minutes munching on the tiny green apples that had fallen to the ground from our apple tree.

Work beckons, time to run...

[EDIT:] Steve you musta just came in, didn't see ya at first! With all that rain your getting, maybe you and Jim should swap places for a week...

It may be raining,,, but at least the pollen count is down, let it pour i say

time for a bottle of Guinness

A Royal Scot Steam train just went through :) :) :) on a loaded test run

Afternoon, everyone.

Nice to see you at the coffee shop, William. Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy.

Sandy, nothing as exotic as an aura. My bad ear just gets a pressure buildup from fluid accumulation. The inner ear membrane that normally lets fluid slosh back and forth get less permeable with Meniere's so, when it finally breaks through, it does so explosively, leading your brain to think your upside down and sideways. Strange disease. I used to live about 60 miles for Yahoo headquarters and have been there a few times. It's quite a place but I'd be a little careful about taking a job there now until the the Microsoft merger thing is out of the way. Microsoft doesn't have the same kind of love for employees as Yahoo. :(

Paul, those cacti are absolutely stunning. I've never seen ones with more flowers even in southern California, which has the ideal climate. Do you know exactly what kind they are? They look like beavertails. I'd like to get some. If they do well in upstate NY, they should do great down here.

Tom, basketball's a tough enough game without playing it in a steam bath. sounds you have a pretty tough daughter.

Ken, I've always had great service for Litchfields. Sounds like you'll be having some fun tomorrow. :) Your daughter sounds like my daughter. Every time something for the layout shows up in the mail, she hands it to me and says "More train junk"" and rolls her eyes. :D

Steve, sounds like you're getting way more rain than you need, I hope the flooding doesn't get out of hand. You should have some great mud bogs for your tank though...You traitor :p

Believe it or not, we had rain!!! Got a nice series of thunderstorms that lasted for about three hours and got 1.26 inches of rain. It's our anniversary Monday so I'm taking Dianna out to a bed and breakfast and to a Montgomery Biscuits game. She loves baseball almost as much as me. The game last night was rained out so it's a double header tonight. for the first time in months, it looks like we may get rain two days in a row so I'm afraid tonight might be another washout. It's 90 degrees now with a dew point of 79. :eek: With the heat and that high a dewpoint, I don't think we'll get away without rain. If we're lucky, it will end by game time tonight. If not, I'm sure we'll find something else to do. :cool:

Hi gang! I just got an email notice of the MER convention in Reston, Va. Here is a link to some fine layout photos and information. http://home.comcast.net/~Potomac_NMRA/MER2008/
Ken, you should journey down there and check it out. BTW: glad you got your cables. Now, you can have some real fun.;) I loved the "whatever" response from your daughter...typical:D :D .

Hey Rex, I just had a whole family of in-laws move to Tuscaloosa (better you than me:D)

Hey everbodies. I'm ba-ack. Just got home from vacation and have a few rail fan shots to share. Just have to download them first. Stay tuned.

Steve, can U send us some of the excess water you have there? because the only water we see here is our sweat. these last two weeks I've been almost dehydrating, when I'm out for work, I end up drinking 1 litre of water and sweat 3 ltrs :( . Temp is like 35C in the shade, with a humidity of over 65% and UV factor of 11+, we're worst then a beef fillet on the grill.

evening gents, good to see you back Chip and Maxi.

Been burning some sweat here, take a look at this for a digital system, just trying to shoe horn it all in, what a job, enjoy the sounds,,,

Hi Chip! Glad to see you again. Your in-laws in my town...small world isn't it. Did you run them out or were they trying to get far away from you? LOL :D

Jim: Today was two in a row for evening showers. I just don't know what to think :confused: :D .

Trains Chris,,,, trains, trains,,, AH,,, those are the tiny little things i also have to play with, i'll get some shots today from the modeling expo I'm showing at in town later, should be a great afternoon
Later

07-12-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png

G'morning Clubbers,

I must be hallucinating. I thought I saw a post from Chip...!

Steve good to have you back too (talking about trains instead of tanks)

Today I finish installing the DCC infrastructure on my layout. Only took me, what, 8 years to get here...!? (I bought my Super Chief at a train show in the summer of 2000) I'm as apprehensive as I am excited, it's like the countdown to a spacecraft launch - even though the stakes aren't as high. As long as the trains run everywhere that they did on plain DC, I'll be happy.

Good morning.

It's 75 and mostly clear. It's due to become partly cloudy later (opposite of mostly clear?) and the high is expected the hit the mid 90's.

Yesterday was interesting to be sure. First I did some work on my own forum (nothing major) then got a request to help move an old refrigerator. Nobody said anything about there being a very large wasp nest in it, to say nothing of the dozens of very pissed off wasps that were tending it. A major application of Hot Shot flying insect killer put them to rest, permanently. The fridge has a sprung door and therefore won't close completely. My father and I are going to rig it with chains and locks and store gas cans in it. With the bum door there won't be any build-up of fumes and the chance of wasps building in there again is minimal. By this time it was noon. I received an email from a friend of mine asking me to come over and look at a couple of computers. From what I could see it was obvious that his anti-virus program wasn't working. Norton, go figure. I downloaded AVG free 8.0 onto the systems and let it do it's thing. Within thirty minutes both systems had been purged of viruses, Trojans and spy-ware. I got a $30 computer power supply (AT type) for my trouble, so we both got something we needed.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/12/2008

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 78°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SSW

Today High: 98 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds around 10 mph.

Good Morning Steve Bill & Jeffrey ! It's just simply beautiful outside this morning . Sunny and 76. Hey Chip good to see you in the coffe shop , Steve you do remember what trains are. Jeffrey looks like you've been pretty busy . Hey Jim Happy Anniversary to the Missus and yourself . hope you have lotta fun at the baseball game. We have the Buffalo Bisons up here , the Cleveland Indians AAA franchise altough I'm a New York Mets fan since 62 , Oh well go figure. Today starts out are local Erie Barge Canal Fest a week long event of food and celebration. lots of fun . http://www.canalfest.org/cfthistory.html Well gotta get going and have some sun today . Hope you all have some also !!!!!!!

LOL just got in from the hobby show, we had trains, planes, tanks, and cars on show, all indoors as it was pouring down all afternoon, now i have to take the boys to a kids party at the worlds noisiest play center, LOL, i wanna sit down. Turned out one of the exhibitors was only the owner of the Vulcan Bomber that flew for the first time a few weeks ago, after £35 million pounds worth of restoration, they have to get £50000 a month just to maintain airworthiness, thats an expensive hobby

Afternoon, Everyone

Jeffrey, I think our fine moderators have already zapped the spammer. It sounds like you're doing way to much stuff with dangerous animals lately. :eek: I hate Norton. I got AVG a year ago and it does a way better job. Kind of strange though, every time it does an update, it wants me to reboot, which it never did before.

Chip, great to see you around again. I need help in the layout advice section before I advise someone to create Frankenstein. :)

Maxi, sounds positively miserable over there in Malta. I hope you get some rain and some relief from the heat but I know Malta can be a killer in the summer.

Ken, I think you'll be amazed at how well everything runs under DCC. I know I was when I did my first conversions.

Steve, I swear, that start up sequence for your tanks sounds exactly like an old, wheezy EMD SW-1. I think they stole it from one of the old girls over here. Looks like a pretty good shoe horn job fitting everything in. So that Vulcan is owned by one guy? Where did he ever come up with the money to make it airworthy and maintain it?

Rex, that looks like it's going to be a great convention on the Potomac. Some really beautiful layout pics. It's now rained for THREE days in row here. Will wonders never cease? Watch out for Chip's in-law's. I'll bet they're a shifty-eyed bunch. :D

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, guys. Two years and counting. As I suspected, we didn't get away without rain for the game. It poured for about two hours before the game and right up until 8:00 pm. We went to the ballpark and stood around with everyone else until they officially postponed at 8:30. It had stopped raining but the field was a mess. The outfield looked like a water park. They rescheduled for a doubleheader today so we exchanged our tickets and are hoping they will be able to play today but we're already getting thunderstorms. The only good thing is that it's only 79 degrees so maybe there won't be enough daytime heating to sustain them. Too bad we got rained out but we found other things to do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back