Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all!

Jeffrey your story reminds me of a comment from Mahatma Ghandi when he was asked by a reporter why he didn't become a Christian since it was clear that he had followed most of his teachings in his life. His answer was that he would have become a Christian except that he had met several..... Although I fail miserably from time to time I try to walk the walk as well as talk the talk! Enjoy that breakfast and if I lived out there, that would be a place I would patronize!

Larry I think that is what is most likely happening with my old cat. She seems OK tonight, but these episodes are starting to be more common, so it will be only a matter of time. I will miss her, she is a very sweet, gentle old girl. Sheila is sitting right next to me at the computer right now just waiting for me to scratch her ears......

I just talked to my minister a few minutes ago and volunteered to do sound for and record the funeral for the parents of the music teacher that died this last week. Found out today at the party that the first one on the scene after she was found was a one of my Eagle Scouts who is a professional Fireman, EMT, and Paramedic. He did CPR on her for close to 20 minutes until they got her to the hospital ER. She was pronounced there a few minutes later. Then he went over to his parents house and cried his heart out for 2 hours. She was his first band teacher........

Jeffrey - It's distressing enough to read about teenagers or twenty-somethings acting that way but...people who grew up during the 1950's who shoulda known better!? Geez, they must be ex-convicts or some similar lifeform to be acting that way in public.

Ray, thanx - the performance was a success except the drummer didn't show, he called and said he got stuck in traffic on some Interstate(?!). But I didn't even notice anything amiss until Cal told me about that after the Mass was over...

Well at least I got two more decoders installed today, slow-n-steady wins the race, yada, yada...

Last edited by a moderator:
06-30-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png

Good morning folks

It was 73 F on the way into work this morning. High toady will be 86 F. It looks like I will not be furloughed this year as the state has a budget!

It was a busy weekend. We did the grocery shopping ordeal. Yesterday we had to get new tires for my wife’s Tracker. I also did some yard work.

I set-up a photo run-by but I never got the pictures taken. Somehow I ran out of time. I still did not get to the LHS so my stock car kit assembly is still on hold.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning.

It's currently 71 here and very cloudy. The high later will be around 90 and there are more thunderstorms on tap this afternoon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/30/2008

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NW

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the late morning and afternoon.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

Mornin' everyone!

Currently 72°F here in the Finger Lakes with the high for the day as 72°F. My kind of day! Sun is shining with a 60% chance of rain later in the day with some thunderboomers on occasion.

I have about 2 days of work to get done this morning, so just a quick cup of dark roast, Flo, and I will be on my way.

Good Monday Morning Folks ! As Ray said temps. luck to make seventy today !Bu I think the rain may hold off. Jeffrey sorry that you and your parents got into such a row. There is no respect for other people these days. Ray glad to hear your cat is eating , My sixteen year old dog would not eat her dry food for a few days so noe I started her on plain rice and a little chicken mixed in . She has been pooping all over the floor and now it is all blood . Hope she gets better but I'm calling thate vet to make an appointment . Got my fingers crossed .Well have to get going and pick up some perscriptions .Hope you all have a real nice day !!!!

Jeffrey I am continually being surprised by people. I guess I forget that some people were not raised to be decent human beings. I am sorry for your experience, but pleased that it ended well.

To balance your story...my nephew is in pilot training at Columbus AFB MS. Last week he and another student and 2 instructors were doing a cross country and landed near Asheville NC. They went to a local diner for lunch. They were all still in their flight suits. Near the end of the meal their waitress came over and asked them what they wanted for dessert. They told her that they were full and could eat no more. She informed them that they had to have dessert because one customer had picked up their dinner tab and another paid for dessert. The folks who had done this for them were long gone and needed no thanks. They just wanted to thank the pilots for their service in a quiet, no-fuss manner.

So there are still folks out there who are good and decent people. :)

When I was an EMT, it was not unusual for my crew's dinner tab to be picked up by folks whom we never met or got to thank. Their kindness was always greatly appreciated!~

Hi all!
Thank you Sandy for an uplifting story. Yes, there are good people out there and plenty of them. Sadly, the news media doesn't see them or doesn't want to.
BTW: Columbus AFB is only about 50 miles from me.;) :)

Quick Java for me, feel like i broke my elbow, a door at dads that was stood up against the wall blew over just as my elbow was in a direct path of it,,, it hurt like hell and still is doing two hours later, off to the ER in the morning if its no better

Rex,
On my journey into the unknown (Georgia), I knew that I was close to being back to Columbus AFB when I got to Tuscaloosa. Now each time I travel that way, I always drive through the town and sing its praises! Not very loudly, mind you...because I do LIKE the town! :D

Just got back from Lowes. Would you believe over $11 per 4x8 sheet of luan :eek: . Four years ago, it was around $6.

Steve: You gotta toughen up, son. You will soon be a New Zealand pioneer:D . (Knowing it hurts...hope it's better in the a.m.;) )

Good morning.

It's 68 at the moment and surprisingly clear. The high is expected to be in lower 90's and it will be partly cloudy.

I have a 10 am appointment with the foot doctor this morning. To me it seems that the wound on my right foot is getting smaller but the one on the left foot hasn't closed up at all. He'll be able to tell for sure.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/1/2008

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

Good morning folks

It was a bright 68 F as I headed onto the roadway this morning. High today will be 83 F.

I was going to take some photos on the layout last night but instead I wound-up Taking care of some scouting paperwork and letters. I figured spend one night doing it and it will free a couple of nights for modeling. I am in the process of trying to set-up various events for our pack. Going through some old files I was given I found that in previous years the pack had a great rapport with the local business community and many businesses sponsored various things for the pack. The last two Cubmasters and Committee Chairs neglected this source of help for the past 5 years. As a result the pack lost revenue as it had to pay for things that were previously donated. I am in the process of trying to rebuild that relationship. Of course this has meant I have to do quite a bit of letter writing and some one on ones. It is early in the process so I am not sure what the outcome will be.

My daughter has a basketball game tonight. Her game is late so I maybe able to sneak some layout photography in. I still need to hit the LHS to get glue.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Morning, everyone.

Been busy getting number one's moving complete. Today should be it except for setting up her DSL modem. She's excited abut get her own apartment. My wife is having empty nest syndrome. They got in a fight over pretzels yesterday so I'm trying to stay out of the way until the stress dies down some. :(

Jeffrey, it's times like you had at that restaurant that make me wish I was still carrying a taser. :mad:

Ray, that's really sad about the teacher but it sounds like she got as good a care as possible. It's tough being a first responder in the town you grew up since you are likely to be working on a friend. I suspect the chemo had probably wore her body out but, as a young paramedic, it's hard to accept that you can't save everyone. I hope the funeral is comforting to all.

Ken, keep at it with the decoders. I've only got about 15 to go and, in the last month, I gotten ...let's see....NONE installed. :) At least you have the steady part going for you. I've just got slow.

Maxi, a few of your guys need to practice line of fire techniques or they're going to get shot in the back by members of their own team. You might also think about background music that's a little more "family friendly" if you post a link here, if you get my drift.

Paul, I hope your old pooch is OK. It would be nice if our pets lived as long as we did.

Steve, I hope you didn't really break your elbow. It's not an easy bone to break without a lot of blunt force trauma but it sure can hurt like a son of a gun when you get it slammed good.

Sandy, I at least make it a point to shake hands with every person I see in uniform and thank them for serving our country. We would occasionally have people pick up our check at a restaurant too, which was nice, since it made us all remember that most folks don't hate cops.

Tom, I've been waiting to get a few days freed up for modeling too. Good luck, pal. It hasn't worked for me and I'm retired. :)

Rex, how was the rain at your place Sunday? We got a torrential downpour for about 45 minutes with lightning strikes every second. It was worse in Montgomery, where the whole town was without power of two hours. I had 1.30 inches in the rain gauge in less than an hour with a rain rate of 5 inches per hour for a while. Pretty impressive from what looked like a pretty wimpy squall line on radar. At least my lawn looks less brown.

Jeffrey, I hope things go OK with your wounds and that the doctor's happy with the progress.

It's a beautiful day her in the Heart of Dixie. Clear blue skies, low humidity, and it's "only" 80 degrees, going up to about 90. It went down to 65 this morning, which is the lowest temperature we've had in over a month. Felt nice to open the garage door and not think I was one of Ken's blast furnaces. :)

BTW, has anyone heard from Chip (SpaceMouse)? I haven't seen him around for a while.

Afternoon guys
The elbows almost better now but still damned sore, never in my life have i had a knock like that on the (not so) funny bone ;) :)

Good Afternoon all,

Tuesdays are half-days for me, so I'm home now! Still got a minor honey-do to dispose: Installing a critter-block over a hole in the fence around Vicky's garden, where somebody got too close with a tiller and ripped it up pretty bad. Even with the fence intact, I'm not sure how protected the garden will be -- deer have been known to make running leaps over garden fences...:eek: After that, I'll be stringing cables on a Walthers American Crane kit that I'm putting together in honor of Ol97's photo contest theme. [BTW - installing cables on an HO crane ranks very close to the bottom of my 'favorite activities' list for mrr.]

Jim, according to Stein Jr. across the street, The Mouse has been on vacation since at least June 21, supposedly for 2 weeks. If he isn't still away, he's probably working like crazy to deal with issues that arose during his absence.

Steve, glad your elbow isn't broken - hope it stops hurting soon.

Ray, I can't comprehend how I would handle a tragedy like those poor parents of the deceased music teacher. It seems totally unfair! But I suppose all things happen exactly when they do, for a reason - which those left behind will only learn about when they get to the "other side".

Rex, a quick question: What exactly is "Luan"?

Have a good 'un

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, I know what U mean, we are still practicing tactics and movements, we still have not established teams, and there are still new commers amongst us, but so far we never had friendly fires :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back