Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the cool thing doing it on computer, you can set the weather on what U like to, and take off the clouds so that the spectators will always havea full view of teh manouvres. :)

BTW, we always fly in cockpit view, not external views like the screenshots show.

That makes you more or less a real pilot :) , i am buggered in 3D, i prefer 2D stuff,,, like driving tanks and trains

I'm Back fom a fun outing!

Well, it's been raining on and off all day! My house got another 1/2" today, wow that makes almost 1 1/2" this week:D . We took advantage of the cool air and went to the Wagon Wheel flea market in Largo and to Countryside Mall in Clearwater.......Then finished the rainy day off with dinner at Sweet Tomatos buffet! It was a Salad, fresh baked bread and fresh homemade soup kinda day:p :D Stick a fork in me I'm done:eek: :p Why is it when it rains people feel the need to drive fast:confused: ? dang the roads are as slick as if it had ice on them! so many pile ups we seen:eek: O'well:rolleyes:

Steve, I got some Large scale corgi planes for my son, a stuka, P47, P51, and f105 starfighter in german colors! Man for the Wally World price of $40 each I couldn't beat it!

Rex, Steve is a Bad:mad: influence and evil to boot with those nice RC tank shots......If I get back into RC it will be with large scale trains! The garden Railway thing has got my intrest peaked:rolleyes: :rolleyes: man with the new batteries out now the power need to run locomotive on them would be easy to do! The wife said if we got the money I'm alowed!:D I need more yard's to mow:eek: :rolleyes: :D !

Ken L.We have snakeheads too, and Walking catfish, and Monkeys,and Iguanas, and skunk apes. Every time we get hit with a hurry can the zoo's and wild life parks always have animals escape never to befound! Also If some one had anything as a pet the possibility of it loose and breeding some where here in florida wouldn't surprise me one bit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go Steve!a scale working Toyota Drifter with a AWD Tamyia TA-04 Chassis and drift tires! and working head and taillights!:eek: Your a bad influence on us! Bad Steve Bad!:rolleyes: :D LOL's

Buno # 166715 is a UC35. I cannot read the base name, but its two words so I'm guessing Cherry Point.

Now that I look again, the 2nd photo, I can make out Cherry Point.
http://www.cherrypoint.usmc.mil/

Not sure if I've ever fueled that one. I see 166766 & 166374 all the time.

Evening all!

I spent most of the day at a party at my Sister in Law's Cottage in Vine Valley, NY on Canandaigua Lake. She lives there year round. She was having a party as another Sister in Law was visiting from California. This is the view from the front yard:

ViewFromCottage1w.png

Of course I had a ball playing with my Granddaughter, Olivia who is just starting to walk and the crawl thing downpat:

OliviaCrawling2w.png

My Niece, Ali, took her two daughters and her Nephew in Canandaigua Lake wading:

AtTheLake1w.png

And for you RC lovers out there (and to keep this thread on topic....... :rolleyes: ;) ;) ) here is a model scratch built by my Father in Law probably 40 years ago of a Bi-Plane he built in 1:1 scale a few years earlier. Yes it did run and fly back then (not RC but flew with the strings round and around...)

Biplane1w.png

Barney Fox, my FiL has a couple of items on display at the Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport, NY including a 1931 35 hp Ford Model A - Pietenpol conversion . He will be 95 this September.

Good morning from central Maryland!

Chris I never would've guessed that RC vehicles were that durable, I wish HO scale trains were able to endure falling from heights of 4ft - let alone 40ft!

Ray that's a beautiful part of the country you SIL lives in, grandaughter is a real cutie!

Just another work day ahead for me. Have a good'un...

Good morning.

It's mostly cloudy and a pleasant 71 degrees here this morning. A high in the mid 90's is expected.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/23/2008

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SSE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 70 Partly cloudy. Lows around 70. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Good morning folks! How are things?

Ray, nice pictures you have there.

For those of you who know about bench work, I have a question for you. I am building my layout in 2x6 foot sections. The structure is made from 1x4's for the frame and supports. I have two inch blue foam for the surface. This method is being used for moving issues. I have four foot 2x2's for the legs. Do you have to use cross bracing for the 2x2 legs? I can't decide if I should have diagonal bracing, small diagonal bracing towards the top(can't remember the name), or leave it alone. I would like it to look as clean as possible. I plan to paint the legs black and stain the clear pine benchwork. What are your thoughts?

I'm off to work. This working and being near our family is really cutting down on the hobby time! Have a good day.

Good Morning ALL ! Looks like I might make it out to cut the grass. between showers ? Josh thanks for the info on the jet . Was just wondering if it was someone important . I'll ask my nephew when he gets back from Iraq next month. He's a major in the Marine reserves who does security work so he may know a bit more. Chris a real neat car there . Steve it really looks like your into remote control cars now . Ray your granddaughter is precious . I always love getting up to Canadaigua Lake country for a bit of scenery and WINE . And on a final note George Carlin passed away yesterday . You may have hated him or laughed with him but he was quite a comedian . Hope you all have a wonderful day !!!!!!!!!

Corey I would definitely put some kind of braces on your legs. One method I have seen is to put a diagonal brace one one end and the opposite angle on the other end. This gives some stability and when you fasten the modules together you will have opposite angles on the connection for even better stability.

Paul
I used to love to see and listen to George Carlin when I was young. I went to see him a couple of years ago and every other word was the F-word. He always used the F-word but it did not seem as often in the olden days. Overall he was still funny but still to many f-words took a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me. My wife and I came close to leaving but sitting in the middle of the row it would have been rude to the other folks sitting there crawling over them.

Last edited:
Mornin' everyone!

A nice 70°F outside right at the moment. High of 75° with a few thunderstorms possible. All told it looks like a nice day here in the Finger lakes.

Ken, Corey, and Paul ,yes, the Southern end of Canandaigua Lake is still very beautiful. The Northern end up near Canandaigua is nothing but rows of Million Dollar Cottages and major condos. Looks like He!! to me. I prefer the next big lake to the East.... Seneca. Geneva is going through some major "growing pains" concerning development of the North end of the lake and looks like with the new administration the notion of big expensive hunks of concrete (condos) lining the shore won't happen. Instead there will be some small shops and open park areas preserved for all of us (as opposed to a gated community for the wealthy). As it is Geneva has been doing quite well as a travel destination and that is what is being pushed now.

Good Monday all! Hope you all have a very good week.

KenL: Don't worry, I will have the A/C set on yankee chill :D .

Ray: Beautiful country up there! We have the same problem with developers here. It doesn't take long before the shoreline is one big fancy subdivision and no where to "P" :D.

Corey: you most definitely need to use diagonal bracing. If it is a stand alone and only 2 feet wide, the benchwork will have a tendency to wobble or tip over. If you don't have your legs braced, it will be even worse. Even with it secured to a wall, you want something to keep the legs plumb...a slight bump and they will move out of alignment or even collapse. I would at least put them from middle of leg (from the near bottom is better. ;) ) to the end corners and off the leg towards the middle of the 6 foot length.
IDEA: If you put a skirt around the layout sides, all this will be hidden. I bought material from Wally World and stabled it behind the fascia in gathers, giving a drapery look.:)

Chris Ray great pictures, cars are to fast for my,,, R/c one's anyway, i trashed one a few years ago, it was only doing about 20mph but flew into a zillion pieces. I guess the plane was one of those control wire models, the type were you stand in one spot and fly it round you, is this right Ray ??

Chris Ray great pictures. I guess the plane was one of those control wire models, the type were you stand in one spot and fly it round you, is this right Ray ??

Yep, that is right. I believe that the model is of the Pietenpol. Barney first built the full sized plane which, last I heard is still in service as a crop duster. Years later he made the model. I can remember when he was building the Model A conversion engine that is now on display at the Glenn Curtiss Museum. At one time, he had all the jigs in his basement to build (and rebuild) a Piper Cub. I can remember him flying the Piper out from the local Airfield and circling our mobile home at my Father's farm when I was first married. He would always fly with the door open because he was claustrophobic...... He would circle for a while until we went outside to investigate, then he would wave (his cigar in hand), hit the throttle and go back home.

afternoon/evening everybody!

Sorry guy's I couldn't make it to the coffee shop before work today, I had a slight scare this morning in the garage:eek: I went into the garage to find a Large Rat!:eek: :mad: I hate rats! well he should be dead by tomarrarow or close to it, he will curse the day he crossed my path!:mad:

I hope tomarrow morning to make it in for some coffee and breakfast!

WEATHER,
It was...Hot Real and No Rain yet in sight!
8 AM 74 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Showers & storms developing; moving inland.
2 PM 88 °F Partly Cloudy / Thunderstorms Scattered showers and storms.
10 PM 77 °F Cloudy Mostly cloudy.

Today had a 60% chance of rain? not in my neck of the woods!

Local News,

Dog dies protecting owner
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Personal Note
Ken L. RC cars and Trucks are real tough, it's all in the hop ups/up grades! but still a 50 mph head on usually ends a trip quick!LOL's If you Have a RC LHS around you with a track.......Watch a race or two, they are fun to watch!:D Just stay out of the store!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Paul, Steve is slowly going to the R/C side!:rolleyes: ;) J/King he'll never leave his trains!

Steve the closest thing I have that flys is my Rusty as I'm jumping it of the roof!LOLs I got a vid of that, funny stuff! I use to like to chase the squrrels and other small animals with the truck, gives a new meaning to road kill!

off for an early night, 10.25pm !!! cut up nans tree, what a strange tree it was, sort of Japanese, the sap was like glue, all gooey, made a mess of the chainsaw bar but the wood,,, what a nice color, i did a 2ft long diagonal cut along a six inch thick piece, it looks like a giant rabbit ear, i'm going to dry it out, plane it down and stain it.

It's been an interesting day so far. We had a thunderstorm come through earlier that knocked out the power for only a couple of minutes. Problem was, it also knocked out a couple of cable boosters, so the internet signal for this area was down for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back