Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Boy this remodeling every 2 to 3 months is gettin xpenive. Oh well the shop is doing well enough that the girls are getting rich on tips. I just hope they don't get to rich and retire on us.

I've been down at my parents place working on the pool all day. We installed the liner in forty-five minutes then had the fire dept bring the water in. Thirty trips in all, one thousand gallons a trip. Now we know how much that big hole in the ground holds. That's to be expected I guess, it's a Jolly Green Giant, constructed back in the mid sixties. I always thought it was twenty-five thousand gallons. Looks like I was off by five thousand. BTW, it was 95, in the shade. 120 out on the brick terrace!

I Lurk, therefore I am

Good evening gents! I know it's been a few months since the last time I visited here, but hopefully some of you will still recognize me! Even though I haven't been posting, I have been sitting quietly in the shadows trying to keep up with what's been happenin'. I see we have a few new 'regulars', like Chris-In-Florida, who keep the place going when things get slow.

I haven't done much photo-worthy modeling lately, but I am in the process of getting the last of my active locomotives fitted with decoders so I can make my layout totally DCC, still have 7 more to go.

Hey you 'Bama guys: I'll be in your region the 2nd week of August, with the rest of my family, visiting my SisterInLaw in Pell City. I've already setup visits with at least two of you so far, sure would like to meet a few more of you if possible!

Heck, some of the girls left already!

So, I just watched Superbad, man thats a funny movie.

Ken, if you're planning on getting down toward Montgomery, I'd love to have you drop by and look at my poor excuse for a layout. :) Looks like you're not too far away (about 100 miles or so) but that may not fit in your plans. If it does, just shoot me a PM.

Just a quick Java for me , were all off out on a tank exercise up them thar hills

Ken Tell you what, those last few pics in WPF were tremendous. Your going to be busy in august, wish i could join the party.

06-22-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning From Wet Florida!

[/U]WEATHER:
Current Conditions:
City= Sky= Temp.= Pressure= Wind(mph)= Humidity
Brooksville,FL= Mostly Cloudy= 70°= 30.0= Calm= 93

Curret Forcast
8 AM 74 °F Thunderstorms Morning showers and thunderstorms drifting onshore.
2 PM 85 °F Partly Cloudy / Thunderstorms Showers and thunderstorms moving inland.
10 PM 77 °F Cloudy Mostly cloudy with some lingering showers.

Weekly Forcast:
SUNDAY Thunderstorms 60% chance of thunderstorms High: 90 Low: 75
MONDAY Partly Cloudy / Showers 50% chance of thunderstorms High: 91 Low: 76
TUESDAY Partly Cloudy / Showers 30% chance of thunderstorms High: 91 Low: 76
WEDNESDAY Partly Cloudy / Showers 30% chance of thunderstorms High: 90 Low: 76
THURSDAY Partly Cloudy / Showers 40% chance of thunderstorms
High: 90 Low: 76
FRIDAY Partly Cloudy / Showers 40% chance of thunderstorms High: 90 Low: 76
SATURDAY Partly Cloudy / Showers 40% chance of thunderstorms High: 87 Low: 74

Local News
Foreclosure crisis creates unusual parade of homes
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
If you ever wanted to move to Florida now the time house are going cheap!

Gas stations running on empty
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Personal Note:
No work planed for to day:D Honestly it up to the wife and boy what we do today! so i might be around or not up to them:D :eek: BTW: Rained on and off all yesterday! total 1/2" of the wet stuff!

Jim, your kidding me you didn't get the joke?:confused: I heard a old military joke a long time a go with Septic Tanks as the punch line.....I thought it fit, with steve and love affair with tanks and such! trust me they tried everything when it comes to septic tanks in that town, your tank ends up looking like a indian burial mound:eek: !

Ray, The Restroom use to sit on top of the hill, but the new consession stand had them already so the took down the smaller Restrooms!

Ken L.
Mine ain't a easy job, but give me a cattle prod and things get moving quit abit!

Tank Commander Steve, Watch out for those Shermans while on manuvers, they are like ant's! their fast and if they manuver to your rear! ouch!!!

Hey Chris, we went out with two Tigers and an M26 Matthews Tiger completed it's mission, Robs M26 died with a flat battery and mine ate another circuit board after a fierce battle in deep mud, same as before right track no drive, i am going to get an El Mod booster, sound blaster and turret control, the booster uses an SD card for memory, you can download updates for everything so it's always up to date, but the cost for all three is £150 ($300) but it makes a huge differance in control, you get finger tip precision, overload protection, any sounds that suit you or the tank, they are all free and you can add your own if you want as they are WAV files, so if you want the commander to shout anything at the enemy you can make him do it !!!

Steve, your a dangerous person to talk to with all this RC stuff! Man, sometimes I have to catch myself! I start thinking about getting a Rock crawler or trail rig, then I catch myself and stop before it gets going! The thing that stops me is the fact my aquarium needs a chiller $650!:eek: Now my aquarium is fighting my MMR thing $$$ wise and the other fact that if I finish off my train room my Bum sister will sence it and try to move in:mad: ! either way That RC stuff can be addicting and a habit hard to break! I think it's worse than the train addiction!

Steve goto using these batteries Hypersonic Turbo™ Two 2S2P ! http://www.a123racing.com/html/starterkits.html# they cost more but last way longer twice the power out put of 4000mah packs and you'll be out on the battle field way longer! That what I used on my rusty! For a science fair project we did rc battery pack test. we maintained a 5mph no-stop speed and went 37,400foot before the battery dumped! a 3300 mah NimH did a 1/4 of that!:) :D li-ions steve.......li-ions!

BTW: charge times from flat dead to full charge with li-ions is 15-20 min! nimhs take twice as long! and li-ions are lighter than any other type of battery. also if you replace your brushed motor set up with a Brushless type the power out put doubles! I was thinking of doing a garden railway out back and going remote control and using nothing but Li-ion batteries and BL motors! No track wires, and no shorts, and no more cleaning raild heads for dirt! just keep debris out from deriling the trains! if I go back to rc that might be the ticket.............

Good morning Bill, Steve and Chris -

It feels great to be back 'home' LOL!

You guys are talking about your R/C tanks - well my ultimate fantasy has always been to have an R/C chopper with TV cameras at various angles, so I could go on 'virtual' flights. Reality check: Those things are obscenely expensive, and I've heard it takes quite awhile to develop the skill to fly them properly. So I guess I'm destined to remain a prisoner of my trainroom.

Chris, just as you guys have to contend with gators, those of us in the Mid Atlantic have a scourge of our own: snakehead fish. These critters are multiplying like rabbits, slithering from pond to pond and eating up all the native species of Maryland fish. [At least they're not yet big enough to kill humans...]

Jim - check your P/M box

Mornin' everyone!

So far a nice sunny day here in the Finger Lakes. 74°F right at the moment. But...... I will be heading out to a picnic at my Sister in Law's cottage later. That should bring on the thunder showers that are predicted.

Ken L nice to see you are checking out the remodeled Coffee Shop. Don't be a stranger! Flo, I'll take care of Ken's tab today. OK?

Ken I would like nothing better than a chopper with a camera,, but they fall to bits when they land upside down, it would with me ;)

Good Morning all! I went to the old location and saw the " We Have Moved!" sign. I agree that this moving every few months must be expensive, but that goes along with success;) :) . Flo, how about a bacon and egg sandwich with some very cold milk.

Ken, hope you will be ready for the heat w/110% humidity:eek: :D .

Chris, "Just say, no!" to R/C.

Steve, you are a bad influence. I have to "Just say, no!":D

yesterday

Good Afternoon Gents ! Seems like we just remodeled the old place and here we are again. You gals must get tired of painting all the time. Ken L good to see you been awhile . Don't make yourself a stranger ,It's warmimg up around here and with it the rain too. yesterday was fun . I went to the airport with my daughter to see a restored B-17G . We stood in the rain for half an hour to see it land and discharge passengers and reboard more. If it was on the ground for 5 minutes we were lucky . I couldn't handle the cost of two 45 minute rides . $430.00 each so we were satisfied for some ground shots. I got caught in the prop wash when I was taking shots at the tail area and was allmost blown away four 1,200 horsepower Wright Cyclone engines . while we were leaving we caught this small jet come in and it had two passengers on it with a limo picking them up. The small insignia is US Marine Core on it , Maybe Josh can help out with this one. Well gotta get going hope all have a nice day !!!:)

Hey Paul thats a nice B17, rain or not it's a stunner.

there's no hobby like an R/C hobby

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you know you want to :)

How about this, i got a 1/55 scale Corgi van made in 1965, it's a roadside diner and i paid 25p (50c) for it, i looked it up on ebay and they go for upto £225 ($500) LOL LOL it's now on ebay and already the PM's are flooding in like "do you have a buy it now, i can collect today" Yeah right, like i'm going to give it away ;)

Steve - I had a good-sized collection of Corgi stuff when I was ~9-10, wish I couldv'e had the foresight to know how valuable some of that stuff would become. I seem to remember a van like your describing, with a fold-out side panel and a guy standing inside; it had a sign on it "Eat At Joe's" or something like that.

Rex - as long as the heat isn't high enough to melt your trains, I'm pretty sure I can handle it!

Ray - Thanx for picking up my tab, I promise not to abuse it [even though I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm famished...!:rolleyes:]

Paul - great pics of that B-17. Those generals sure get to travel in style, huh!

Thats the one Ken
Joe's Diner, a pale blue van with a rotating Joe, 147'000 made in 65 and rare as hens teeth now

Don't matter to me Maxi, it's fantastic, saw it in WPF already.

It's not very good formation flying weather here right now, we have gusts upto 60mph !!! it just blew over one of great nans trees which i have to go cut up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back