Coffee Shop Part III

Dang Steve, color coded presents!

Wife is busy with her foot massager & back massager, reading a book & eating chocolates... Good thing I bought her the work out kit too, after those chocolates she'll need it :eek:

Hope she don't see that or you'll need the massager when she gets done with you lol::rolleyes:

My 17yr-old daughter got me a year's subscription to MR!:cool:

(Hey, that means now I can get special privileges over there, eh?:rolleyes: )

Agian, Merry Christmas everyone!

Wow! Im debating if the cost of the subscription is worth the $$$ or if i should spend it on another publication. There are ALOT of ads in MR

Scott we have a fair selection of mag's to go at but it's the same here, ad's and more ad's, but without the ad's there's no magazine unfortunatly, so i guess we'll have to live with it.
Ken L You are one of the lucky one's now, i buy MR from a local new's stand but in MR's eyes i think i'm at the bottom of the pecking order:confused: , i guess buying it from the news stand is frowned upon:( and they would sooner i subscribe, i think that's why certain privilages are not allowed, a kind of "Carrot hanging in front of the donkey" senario.;)

I subscribe, it's cheaper than my LHS and the book store don't seem to have it, Oh and whoop-de-do you don't get alot extra for your subscription!!!!:confused:

Ken.

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

12-26-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning gang and happy day-after-Christmas. It's above freezing here in the mid 'lantic region but very misty and damp, the type of cold that seeps thru every layer of clothing. I absolutely do NOT feel like going to work today, but I gotta preserve that vacation time...

NZKen, I was joking about the subscription privileges thing at Kalmbach. I was remembering the big fuss some members made when they changed software last summer and how they resented being 'forced' to subscribe to get all those 'extra features' (probably more online ads/offers LOL).

Scott, I wouldn't have chosen to spend my own cash on an MR subscription, I only buy maybe 2 or 3 issues a year from the LHS. I'll never have anything that even remotely resembles the layouts in the articles they publish.

We have a snow storm moving in here thats supposed to last 2 or so days and leave 16". So I'll bundle up inside and spin some vinyl on my new turntable. That is, until I go to work tonight :(

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road...

Good Morning and Happy Boxing Day All

It's recovery day! Then again I wasn't overly excessive yesterday. All in all a very good day of course Christmas eve saw us take another jaunt to the ER but hey this is becoming a yearly ritual so whay knock it! Dad's heart rate was 44 which was low but after a 5hr wait we were told this was to be expected and everything was as normal as normal could be.

The MESS is up and running at reduced tonnage rates at present but with an expected surge in the New Year. This is a good thing as two addition Locos are up and running but with a forseeable retrofit schedule to at least on of them. the 2-10-2 may become a 2-10-4 who knows I have to check out the junk drawer to see what I have ( 1st generation Rivarossi Berk screaming to be scrapped!)

We are also expecting to see a surge in Passnger service with the Arrival of a second 5 axle C-liner and two Rapido pullman cars (sleeper and coach)

I suspect the local photo buffs will be out in full force to capture their arrival)

You will all just have to wait until I get the basement cleaned up!

Later All

Fergie

Mornin' Bill!

Happy Boxing Day to all of you in the Great White North. Fergie, glad to hear that the MESS will be increasing its Passenger Service in the New Year.

I had a great Christmas as always. Breakfast at my son's house. His wife usually cooks a breakfast quiche for us, but this year is at a stage of pregnancy where she doesn't have any energy so he did omlettes for us. Opened our presents, then came home packed up the truck with wood (for the fire) and presents for others and went to my sisters house for dinner. My son and his wife had to leave there to go to her families formalities (and Dinner) at 3:00. No train stuff this year...... I think they are finally learning that I would rather get my own items for the layout.

Have a good Second Day of Christmas! It time to work on trains....

We went to the boxing day sale yesterday:eek: Man the people there was incredible all flashing the plastic, and this is just one shop!! Got some toy makeup for Brigette, some driveway lights for me (some where to hide infrared beams for the autogates) And more cheap chocolate and biscuits.

Well I'm in charge today, Jan off to work for 6 hours. I said I would probably have to play dollys, yup Brigette got a dolls house for Xmas, groan, it's not even 1/87 scale!!:rolleyes:

Catch ya later.

Ken.

Happy Boxing Day to all Our British and not so British Friends, And also Happy Day of Recovery for Chritmas Day to all others, Had a very busy day yesterday, Midnight Mass at our curch , Liitle sleep over to my Mother-in Laws in the afternoon, Dinner and presents & then the dash to my sister's house to enjoy the rest of the night with my family, Phew what a day, Oh my wife also packed the John Deere Collectors Train into my stocking so it was a bit of a nice surprise, The perdicted three inches of snow for Buffalo so I got up expecting to see white stuff and all I saw was more rain, Boy I gotta stop listening to those weather perdicters, well have a nice day to everyone !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening all!!,

Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!:) :) :)
Feel much better today...did not know I had so many muscels on/in my body, I walked almost like someone who's 91!;)
Father Christmas brought me : LIGHT:eek:
Now I can take my pictures without the( ugly) flashlights of the camara. Santa brought me 2 X 600 watt lights plus a frame so you can put them on the right hight.

Ha ,ha its the first time in my life I lost weight during the Christmasdays!!:p
Will have a short look at the forumsthread overhere so have a nice day or evening....

Jos

Evening all not to much happening. Need to figure a way to inventory all my trains. trying to do a program thru excel or word perfect but not that easy I'm sure theres a way out there some where just havew to figure which is best for me. if i counted right over the weekend I have 32 engines and 120+ cars (passenger/freight)

When your into O gauge like I'am that takes up some room lol. I hope at sometime to get them all on to shelves with track (whats not on my layout that I finally build lol.

I presently have 5 sets in there original boxes one set from 1989 never been opened.

Mornin' Bill!

A very seasonable 30° this morning in the Finger Lakes with little white thingys falling out of the sky. Won't amount to much. Nice to see a touch of white on the lawn. (I won't have to mow for a while ;) :rolleyes: :D )

Back