Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those curious about the innards of the U25C, it's an older Athearn blue box SD45 mechanism that's mostly original. The differences are a new motor, different light mounting and a hardwired Bachmann DCC decoder. The motor was changed because the old black ring magnet motor didn't agree with DCC at all. The original light mount was removed due to the tiny front hood of the Rivarossi U25C body. The light is mounted on top of the front truck so it still fries the crew in the cab. Oh yeah, four of the six wheelsets were changed out with nickel silver wheelsets. The center wheelset in each truck are the old sintered iron wheels.

P1010500.jpg

P1010498.jpg

Mr. Tindler sir, do you ever sleep? Lol

Enjoy your coffee this Saturday morning, my pots been running low since I clocked in last night at 1800hrs.

Kenny

well let see the wind & rain whipped all nite but it did get rid of the little snow that was here:p but it gonna 45* & windy:eek: all day

Have you seen the Weathered Box Car listed on Ebay w/8 bidders. It's up to $172.00.
I had told everyone on the Forum I was going to list a bunch of old stock by this weekend. Well, that won't happen. The guys wife came over today & demanded that I give everything back because her husband didn't have the say-so to sell her stuff. I tried to talk to her about it, but, she started yelling that I better give the stuff back & she had the money in her hand.
So, I gave all of it back to her & helped her load it into her VW bug & she threw the money on the ground & left. I thought I was going to get shot. She was really mad. I hope I never have to do any business w/those people again, ever.
A friend called me about a half hour ago & said he saw all of it in an Antique store in downtown Arcadia this afternoon. he said they were asking $500.00 for all of it.:mad:
holy crap larry :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: man that stinks , so am i reading it rite, that the man said it was his stuff & she said it was her's??& you couldnt sell it

Good morning. It's 38° and mostly sunny. The high will be 62° and it'll be partly sunny.

Think I'll take a break today. There are new movies on the DVR that need watching. Finally got the L&A decals on the U25C. The decal on the short hood however has proven to be a problem and it seems to be impossible to get it placed just right. So I'll have to peel that one off.

P1010502.jpg

holy crap man that stinks , so am i reading it rite, that the man said it was his stuff & she said it was her's??& you couldnt sell it

I was gonna try to sell it, but, I think she thought it was worth a lot more than what I paid for it, so, the Antique shop downtown has it now.
The Shop she put it in ask's way way to much for stuff. My Buddy said she had a $90.00 price on a beatup Tyco diesel that sells for $5.00 on Ebay. That stuff's going to be there for many years before they sell anything.:D

Finally got the L&A decals on the U25C. The decal on the short hood however has proven to be a problem and it seems to be impossible to get it placed just right. So I'll have to peel that one off.

I've always been a fan of those U-Boats Jeffrey. :)
How about showing us a pic of that pesky decal?

I'm not even sure I still have the old rust bucket. I may have tossed it already.

I finally got the short hood decal sorted out. I gave it a double shot of Matte Finish to help keep it in place. The main part of the problem was posed by the handrails. There's less than a quarter of an inch distance between the handrails and the hood. I can't even get may pinky finger in there. I got the idea to stick a small piece of foam to a short piece of a ladder. I used this to hold the end of the decal against the model while I pulled the decal paper out with a small pair of scissors being careful to keep the decal properly aligned. Once the paper was out of the way I used the foam tipped ladder to pat the decal into place. I then slipped in a double layer of paper towel and pressed it down with the ladder to seat the decal and soak up the water. After it had dried I hit it with a double shot of Matte Finish. I still have to make new windows and number boards. The headlight lenses will be the easiest. Two blobs of super glue gel.

P1010503.jpg

How about that! I still have the old rust bucket. Found it in a box in the closet. It'll probably end up on a short piece of abandoned track at the back of the layout.

P1010508.jpg

Hiya!
Well, the basement closet is studded , drywalled. and wainscoated, not I gotta let a little mud dry, throw some paint, and I can put some stuff away and get back to playing with the trains! Might not sound to bad, but all this while fighting the head cold from heck! ;) Why cant this stuff happen during the week, its gotta hit on the weekend!!:eek:
Anyhoo, maybe I'll have it done tomorrow, I'm done for today.:D But then again, tomorrow is Daytona, maybe I wont get it done!!:D

:) March 7th I will under go a prostate procedure. No cancer but weak P stream, Kidney stone most likely cause by P backing up into kidneys and getting rock hard.:D:D. Doc told me it is about an hour and a half procedure. No lifting for a month so no workee for a month and ole Larry needs the money. I have this here 72 Monte Carlo that needs some attention such as the headliner re stretched, the quarter glasses need replaced and get it all shined and polished for the car show season. I am really ready for the show season to see how the improvements I have made this winter so far fair with the judges. I this been a labor of love as this is the 2nd Monte Carlo I have ever owned. My first one was purchased on Sept 20th 1969 two days after they were released and regretted selling it ever since but at the time did not want car payments. This will give me much more time to roam the forums and cyber space in general. Whooo hoo Glendia is gonna love having me around for a whole month.:D:rolleyes:

Time for me to call it a night. I was digging around in the closet today and found my old 0-6-0 rust bucket. What a beautiful wreck it is. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010510.jpg

Larry, glad it's not cancer and your problem can be corrected. Just think, soon you will be able to change your name to I. P. Freely ( jeeze that's corny, but for some reason it zipped through my brain.:D)

Good morning Mr. Tidler and all!

Glad to hear it's not cancer Larry. I'll keep you in my prayers. Not much going on here other than housework. :rolleyes:

Rex I like the I P Freely moniker although I did not realize I had that there problem until the kidney stone pain I had on the 8th made me want to see the Doctor.

morning all , its sunny & 22* going up to 38* still windy all my stuff in the yard has blown into the forest along my property :( last nite my son fired up his o scale berkshire & let it smoke while i was taking a shower
i come out & the house is filled with smoke from that darn engine :rolleyes:

had to yell at him to shut it off !!!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back