Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here I am again at my parents place. I came down to look for some boat parts for my father. It's a pair of cushioned wall panels that fasten to the inner side of the boats sides but neither I nor my father can think of the name of the part. So I took the time to hunt up some more old layout photos. This phase of the layout came after the other one so it was started in the latter part of 1999. I don't remember exactly when these photos were taken but it was definitely after 2002. My parents had internet service then and it was before I joined any forums. The background I used I downloaded from the net. The upper level is still intact so these are pre-Katrina. By the time Katrina and Rita came through the upper level was long gone and the track on the lower level had been relaid. Here are the photos:

The top of the tunnel was unchanged except for the removal of the weeds and twigs. The entire top could be lifted off as one piece to allow access to a six foot tunnel for maintenance, recovery of derailed equipment and fishing out the cat. It was one of her favorite hiding places. The structures on the top of the tunnel were lit. The wires from the top section plugged into an outlet in the tunnel.
Image10-1.jpg

Image1-1.jpg

Image2-1.jpg

Image4-1.jpg

Image5-1.jpg

Image6-1.jpg

The crane car is an old Tyco toy left over from the 70's. The underside and trucks were long gone so it's sitting on a boxcar frame and trucks.
Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

The embankment was made with pieces of white foam with thin pieces of white foam pushed into the gaps. The 'plateau' was hollow an dthe entire town section lifted up to reveal an access hole. The town structures were lit so the plug underneath the town section had to be unplugged for the town to be lifted off.
Image11.jpg

Image14.jpg

Image15.jpg

The roads were made with pieces of poster board. They had a nasty habit of wrinkling whenever the humidity was high.
Image16.jpg

The red structure was a ceramic house I found on sale at a gift store.
Image17.jpg

The tunnel portal was made from Sculpy modeling compound. It was the one and only time I used Sculpy.
Image21.jpg

Image22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Evening....

It was a wonderful day for a walk through Springbank Park..which Audrey an I partook in...and fed the squirrels and birds and ....:)

Think I'll settle in and watch some DVD's I bought of some trains....:)

Gonna be a quiet night...:)

Jeff: Love the photos!!

Time for me to call it a night. I dug up more photos of a couple of my old layouts, helped assemble and install a homemade wood and wire gate, moved three large bags of potting soil and did a little work on the layout. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010559.jpg

good morning it 34* going up to 62* mostly cloudy with a hint of sunshine , so my son found a box packed up in the corner of the garage & opened it , he laughs at me & sez are you missing some locos??? im like " what?" turns out i had a bunch of big boy/ turbine/ f units that i thought i sent to fla already lol , so today im off to the shipping store 1 more time lol

Good morning. It's 68° and cloudy with patchy fog. The high will be 82° and it'll be partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.

Today I need to mow my parents yard before the rain moves in, otherwise it's going to get out of control. I'm going to take a flash drive with me and plug it into the old computer there and download any old layout photos I find. They're scattered all over the main drive. I figure a two gig flash drive should be big enough.

P1010550.jpg

Good Evening...

Sheeesh, got all kinds of weird stuff in the mail today:confused:...bills from people i never heard of going to people who used to own my home...like...oh 15 years ago??:confused:...I phoned up a couple of the companies involved only to find out they moved??:confused:...and one...asked me to check the date on the date stamp...none found?:confused:...so they told me that there seemed to be a problem with the post office...a bunch of bills and such, in a couple of bags, got processed by mistake:confused:...when they should have gone into a dead file....:rolleyes::confused:

I transferred a whole pile of old layout photos from my old computer (one at my parents place) to my flash drive. I have being uploaded to my computer. Probably take about two hours. My little flash drive is a slow one and my secondary hard disk is plugged into a USB 1.1 port, so it's slow too. Went to Wal-Mart this morning this morning to do a little shopping. Picked up some sandwich meat, cheese, some med supplies, some masking tape and a $1.50 bag of twelve foam paint brushes. Got that put away then helped my father rebuild the gate we built yesterday. He wasn't happy with it. Got the grass mowed this afternoon, ran over two snakes in the process. I had to get it cut before the next rains hit or rent a bush hog. This climate down here is something else! I was mowing a wet, soggy yard with wet grass and had dust blowing in my face. Hunted down the photos afterward then my father and I had chili dogs as a late lunch.

well jeffrey , you had a full day lol , i just payed stuff & cleaned out my rail mags, i wish i could donate them instead of just recycle but im not taking them with me so .... sigh :(

Good Morning

mmmm...we have Geese in our backyard..and a pair of Mallards....:)

Going to be clearing out here this morning of the overnight fog and thunderstorms we had last night...high of 70F expected in the sunshine...:)

It has been a very open winter this year, and, with what we got over the past week and into next week by the looks of things we could be seeing records being broke that stood for over 65 years .... and I, for one, am happy with this weather :D

Today I have another doctor's appointment and a couple of stores to check out for some new cabinets for my trainroom...:eek::)

Have a great day!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back