Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Morning_Coffee.png

UNION_STA_INDPLS20.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON

Good morning. It's 47° with 97% humidity. It'll be partly cloudy with a high of 75°.
pcloudy-1.jpg

No plans for today with the exception of doing some cleanup work on the layout. My right arm still aches where I got the flu shot yesterday. They must've used a square needle! I have to get these two new paint cans put away. The ten stacks beside the fridge (about sixty-five cans, mostly seven ounce size) are rather high. Guess I better start one somewhere else.

P1010040-1.jpg

Good Morning

Well, we are covered in that wonderful freezing fog again this morning, currently sitting at 27F going up to 50F later on...

The doctor appointment went as well as it could...no more sessions required!!! YAY!!! And...to top it off...my numbers are where they should be!!! And...no more wandering around dressed up as Bubble Boy....

Good Morning

Well, we are covered in that wonderful freezing fog again this morning, currently sitting at 27F going up to 50F later on...

The doctor appointment went as well as it could...no more sessions required!!! YAY!!! And...to top it off...my numbers are where they should be!!! And...no more wandering around dressed up as Bubble Boy....
That's good news Barry! :)

Mike

Glad to hear the good news Barry!

It's 53 now and going to 62 later. The wife and I are going to walk the old railroad right of way after lunch. I haven't been that way for about 26 years! Some of it goes through the middle of the farm where I grew up. Used to walk this part where we're going almost everyday in the summer with a BB gun. Talk about a trip down memory lane!!

Well, my wife and I went on our walk on the old railroad right of way this afternoon. Wow, I couldn't believe how much things have changed. It had been 29 years since I had been I seen any of the area where I had grown up and it brought back a ton of good memories. I may go and walk some more of it tomorrow, if I get a chance. The BN tore out the tracks back about 1979 or 1980 so it is pretty overgrown in some areas, but definitely worth the effort!

Nice to hear you enjoyed yourself Bob. My favorite place where I spent many summers, my grandparents farm, doesn't exist anymore. There's oil and gas drilling there now.

I got more of the layout cleaned up today. I can see all the track now.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011806.jpg

Good Morning

We are currently sitting at 28F and having our dear friend, Freezing Fog, with us'uns...as per usual....

The 3 Xmas trees re up and we have the Pineapple .... actually, an old stone thing I found at a local flea market...on the front porch. Still have some lights to put up though...that could take some doing..considering my ankle still likes to complain...a lot:mad:... Oh...and Spring already claimed the trees as his own....:rolleyes::)

Good morning folks.

We're stuck in unseasonably warm weather in the upper Midwest. We're shooting for a high of 65 here today. Every time it's been this warm this fall I've said "well, it's the last day like this so I better enjoy it". Then we have another bit of warmth. By this weekend it's suppose to be highs of 30 so I guess Mother nature is just humoring us one more time!

The house is clean and ready for guests. We're not hosting Thanksgiving this year but we are having family over tonight. They are arriving before I get off work so I hope the cats don't have any surprises for me on the carpet when I get home. They tend to be a bit bulimic when the seasons change!:rolleyes:

I ran my trains for a bit last night. It's funny how my Mantua pacific doesn't run very well after the layout sits for awhile. I know it's because of poor electrical pick up but I haven't done anything to fix that yet. I just run my other locos first and it tends to dust the tracks for me!:D

I don't think I'll be back in before Thanksgiving so HAPPY THANKSGIVING!:)

Good morning. It's 67° with 60% humidity. It'll be sunny with a high of 78°.
condsunny-1.jpg

My father and I had breakfast in town this morning. McDonald's this time. Normally we'd go to Burger King. However where the Burger King restaurant was there's a pile of rubble and the sign says 'Closed for remodeling'.

My mother gets released from the hospital today so my father has to go to Alexandria to pick her up.

We had to take care of a couple of little things on his car this morning. New inspection sticker, replace a headlight bulb. He had already bought a replacement bulb but he went by what the part inside the fixture looked like. He got a pair of 9007's. Wrong answer! The car takes H13's. So back to Autozone. He got the correct bulbs this time. I removed the burned out bulb from the fixture. That was a trick! The small space provided is tight for a child's hand, more so for my partially paralyzed hand. I attempted to disconnect it from the connector. I pressed the release tab and pulled the bulb but it wouldn't come out of the socket. One of the guys who works at Autozone tried extricating it with a pair of pliers and only succeeded in removing the bulb from the base. Well at least that was part of it. He claimed the wires had become soldered into the socket and we'd have to cut the socket off and replace it. Naturally they don't carry that part. That didn't sound right to me. If he pulled the bulb off and the connector wires with it how could they be soldered in the socket? I push the release tab down hard with a screwdriver and pulled on the base and it slid right out. Took me about thirty seconds to clip the new bulb in and seat it in the fixture. Problem fixed.

Replacing the headlights in my old van is much easier! Don't even have to raise the hood. Just take out four screws, remove the bezel ring then pull the bulb out and unplug it from the socket. Reverse the procedure to put the new bulb in. Simple! No reacking into tiny spaces required and no getting scratched up from all the sharp screw ends they insist on leaving exposed.

Now that the fun and games for the day are over with I guess I can do some more cleanup on the layout.

P1010032-1.jpg

That's about the time the round variety went out of fashion down here, I think Chrysler was the last to use the quad 5" in their Aussie built Valiant CM model. I had those in my 76 Charger which I had set up with individual relays for each light and a big battery. Could see for miles, and the sealed beams only cost $11 to replace the whole thing. Never dimmed or lost their reflective coating right to the end of their lifespan.

Simple to replace and cheap to buy and worked as well, if not better than all the expensive weird and wacky shapes they have now.

Not to mention the square, 2 bulb headlamp systems. The halogen sealed beams are nice & bright, especially in your rear view mirror!!:rolleyes:
Ranger.jpg

If ya look really close, you might be able to make out the Mrs in the cab. Tried to get her to lay across the hood,,but no dice!:(

My mother is back home. I have to go down in the morning and keep an eye on her. So I'm calling it a night a bit early. See y'all sometime tomorrow probably.

P1010027-1.jpg

Back