cats and model trains

LOL! Was just wondering if you were the Steve Z. I knew from the NYS&W from the mid '90's. Particularly the SY1 crew. :D

wilsonXTR45-TEX40.gif
wilson-WF40-PO40.gif
wilson-TMM40-OOCL40.gif
wilson-TEX40-XTR45.gif
NYSWsd45-2left.gif
NYSWsd45-2left.gif
Dnyswf45right.gif

Nope definitely not me. Im Steve T and lived in nj most of my life.

Nope definitely not me. Im Steve T and lived in nj most of my life.

Well Steve T.....it's good to meet ya anyways. I use to dispatch for the NYS&W, and the Steve I knew was one of our engineers. BTW: I like your cat. They have their personalities, and ya gotta love em. :D

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

Well Steve T.....it's good to meet ya anyways. I use to dispatch for the NYS&W, and the Steve I knew was one of our engineers. BTW: I like your cat. They have their personalities, and ya gotta love em. :D

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

Cool. I used to talk to Norm M from time to time when he was an engineer with the Q.

And thats Morris, 1 of 4. He's the typical red haired pyscho ginger, but a love bug aswell.

When I bought my recent domicile and started the benchwork for my "Master Plan" I was careful to "cat proof" the layout area as much as possible. I.e. Base track level was eyeball high when I was sitting on my roll around stool. Back boards went up to six foot. On the two sides of the layout facing the rest of the basement, quarter inch plywood "skirts" almost to the floor. Worked well. too!

Until we acquired "Pee Wee", a rescue job who needed almost $600 in care from the Vets until he was healthy and sound. As a kitten, he was not too obtrusive. Once he got his "sea legs" and a bit of maturity to him, he proved to be an acrobat of rare repute. He would get on my workbench and leap from there to the top of the backboard (distance of three feet, plus elevation difference), also 1/4 inch plywood, balance himself there until he was ready to drop to the track level. Getting out? Even easier!

Had to tack up blue cloth around two sides of the layout from rafters to hang on the outside of the layout backdrop. Hopefully he won't get around to "outsmarting" me on that trick.

My duckunder "doors" keep him out at ground level, and he knows that I get displeased when he tries the leap from floor to track level when I am "in" the layout. What he does do is perch on my rolling stool and try the old "..when his back is turned.." sneak up approach.

Oh well, I am retired and since the wife is still working (I've got 12 years on her) he and a middle aged female (Mac) are the only conversationalists I have. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

Don

Joey the garden cat is a regular on Arkansas television. His is the most popular Facebook page out of the entire news crew. Gotta love Joey.

i saw that too. it's great that they take care of him just like he's one of the family. Many places would not even bother but they do.

Our cat Cheezeball loves to hang out on our layout as well. We think he secretly wants to be a pilot since we have found him more than once pushing the planes around on our in-progress airport with his paw, and even trying to take off with a few of them in his mouth
lol

Back