Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Actually ran a train today! RSC2 collected up grain cars from the elevator, picked up a caboose and headed the first grain train out of Andersley :)

gallery038.jpggallery039.jpggallery042.jpggallery043.jpg

That is really looking great. Looks like you have been a but busy. Can't wait until I can find time to get back to work on my layout. You are making me feel like a slacker.

Excellent progress sir.Not much of that here in Sliver City at least not layout wise.But I am having fun creating HO scale GE U-boat locos.:)

A few pics of a little more test running, before the RSC2 is taken out of service for repainting to AWRR black and yellow.

The C425 waits for the incoming RSC2 to clear the track before departing.

gallery053.jpggallery054.jpggallery055.jpggallery056.jpg

Finally took a break from the layout to fit decoders in a couple more locomotives and disassemble them ready for painting. So now I have only one locomotive to run until I get them finished!

Ready for paint are an RSC2, RSD5, RS3 and a caboose. 3 more cabooses to do, but I want to improve/rebuild them first (new end handrails, new grabs, etc.) Some other freightcars need work or kitbuilding. These can follow on later.

With AWRR locomotives and caboose, it will really take on the intended identity

Glad you enjoyed it. I only rode the route from Harlowtown to Lewistowm a few times. Most of my trips out of Harlowtown went to Deer Lodge through Butte. Lewistown no longer has rail service to it. The closest that the Montana Central RR gets to Lewistown is out by Hanover where the Montana Central operates its dinner train. We have ridden on it and is well worth the trip. The old Milwaukee depot in Lewistown is now part of the Yogo Inn. We have stayed there when attending bowling tournaments in Lewistown. Now that you are freelancing, maybe they'll have rail service again.

I can't count how many trips I got to take out of Harlowtown. That video brings back many good memories of those trips. When the train was leaving Harlowtown, I could pick out my uncles house in one scene. Love the little joes.

Back