Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Started making card mockups of building extension across ends of layout. Until I ran out of cereal packets!

gallery009.jpggallery010.jpg

Fertilizer building will be extended across the end of the layout as shown by the card mockup. Includes a covered hopper loading bay. Farmers' Co-op building extened across the other side of tracks with a covered access from the main building. Includes a reefer loading bay. This will help hide the staging yard.

Looking good Mr. Curtis.Did I mention that I may modify your plan and bend it around a corner for my own version of a switching layout? I figure I can do 8'6"on both walls and still have room for the Z layout.;)

Just took a couple more shots of basic scenery. The road is being made of card, just final pieces to glue down, then painting to represent asphalt

gallery021.jpggallery022.jpg

Looking good Mr.Curtis :) .Not much progress on this side of the big puddle though I did start another Facebook page this one of course for my HO stuff.Not really all that much into operations yet.My HO layout may just end up being a very long diorama,but it will be fun to build and it will work.Did I mention the benchwork is already there?My big N scale layout is a recycled HO layout,the new HO layout will be a recycled N scale layout.

That's some nice work. I can remember seeing implement companies that looked very similar to this when I was growing up in Montana.

It fits in very well. Waiting to see more pictures of the progress. I did pass through Lewistown a few weeks ago. With all of the railroad history in that area of the state, there is no longer any rail service to the town. The closest rail service is the Montana Central which passes by about 5 miles northwest of town. Years back there was a lot of rail service to the town. A few years back we took a dinner train, the "Charlie Russel Choo Chew" which was pulled by a Montana Central geep.

Wish I could find the time to get some work done on my layout. I just have way too much going on to have the time to work on it.

Thanks guys. I am keen to get the basics done and get some running time in! I really want to get at least one locomotive and a caboose repainted to AWRR scheme, but the layout takes priority at the moment.

I know how you feel about the layout taking priority. There's a bunch of rolling stock waiting to be weathered but I'd rather get more track laid and run some trains.

I like the looks of this very much. You are capturing what was and could have happened in this part of the state. Waiting for more updates.

Back