A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Very nice progress.
Note : I use manual throws on all my switches since I can reach every turnout easily.
I like using the ground throws also. One thing is that it assures me that I am making positive contact when I throw one, both for the sake of preventing derailments and electrical contact. I also have 115 turnouts so switch motors could get expensive.
I normally don't put buildings on the Main lines!
Do you mean on top of, or adjacent to???

Very nice progress.

I like using the ground throws also. One thing is that it assures me that I am making positive contact when I throw one, both for the sake of preventing derailments and electrical contact. I also have 115 turnouts so switch motors could get expensive.

Do you mean on top of, or adjacent to???
On top of them. I was joking since I sat them there while I put the ballast down. Sorry for the confusion. :D

So I have been struggling with my Drive-In with the operating mini projector. I have been thinking about this for over a year and finally I got a wild idea. I was wanting to hide this projector but I could not figure out a good way to do it. Then I had a vision. I took blue painters tape and taped over the projector's opening in the hillside. Then I plaster cloth over the painters tape. After it dried I was able to lift it off without sticking to the other scenery. I removed the tape and I had a perfect shell that hides my projector. A little scenery and this is hiding the projector so well that most would not know where I pieced this in at. I'm very happy with the end result. Hopefully by the pictures , you can see what I did. I'll post picture or a video of the actual scene working and showing a movie.

IMG_3811.jpeg
IMG_3812.jpeg
IMG_3813.jpeg
IMG_3814.jpeg
IMG_3815.jpeg
IMG_3816.jpeg
IMG_3817.jpeg

IMG_3818.jpeg
IMG_3819 2.jpeg
IMG_3820.jpeg

Reminds me of the one I took the kids to when they were little, right by the tracks. Thought that was gonna be a nuisance but you never really noticed a train going by, had to see it to know it was there
One of the "new" drive ins in Denver is right by the Interstate AND a rail line. It was the worst drive in experience I've ever had. With the din of the interstate noise already there, then when the train came through the combination of the noises one couldn't hear a thing from the movie.

But then it also reminds me of the famous West Virginia theater picture by O' Winston Link.
Link-VCP-1.jpg

Last edited:
Some updated picture on the Drive in Theater. Almost finished with it. Added the flashing sign , the fencing around it and some more cars. A little more detail work and it will be done.

Attachments

• IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    805.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    739.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    865.1 KB · Views: 107
That cover you made is blended beautifully! Great work!

We have a drive in near us. With the pandemic, their business, which was already pretty good, just EXPLODED in popularity! They have three screens and run double features on all three most nights. Movies new and old. The locals can't get enough! :)

Back