A building, a layout, finally!!

James, we are beat. Today finished up a bunch of odds and ends, got the other vent on the other end of the garage installed. Split the 220v line so I can get to the new HVAC.

20200419_151700.jpg
20200419_153342.jpg
20200419_155631.jpg
20200419_161818.jpg

Well it took them all day but we have a new house HVAC and a new toy room HVAC.

20200420_170249.jpg
20200420_170532.jpg

So funny thing. I ran a 220v line for this HVAC unit, the electrician wired it all up for 220v then left. He comes flying back an hour later. It's a 110v unit. If the installer had turned it on, it would have fried the circuit. OOPS!!
jerome 01 (2).jpg

This is the support I had today
jerome 02 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze - that's a party! were they holding a Union meeting, or what?
Sure glad they caught the mistake!

I thought you had the photos figured out - I'll work on them when I get back this afternoon!
Sherrel, they sent 2 crews to install and one electrician. I loaded all of those photos from my camera phone at the same time. Some stay straight, some don't. No idea why it does that. Never had a problem in the past, until the server move.

Last edited:
Coming along nicely Jerome! We have that same HVAC company up here, must be some kind of franchise. I had our system replaced 3 years ago, with all new ductwork and a new service panel for the house. ( The old one was an ungrounded kluge) A regional company out of Virginia, Michael & Son came up with 2 installers and an electrician and did the whole thing in 3 days!

Coming along nicely Jerome! We have that same HVAC company up here, must be some kind of franchise. I had our system replaced 3 years ago, with all new ductwork and a new service panel for the house. ( The old one was an ungrounded kluge) A regional company out of Virginia, Michael & Son came up with 2 installers and an electrician and did the whole thing in 3 days!
Karl, they are a national company, that's why I went with them. BUT, they are back today. The wife noticed the system was running constantly when she got up, after I left for work. It was on Emergency Heat!!! We had it set at 68, got down in the 40's last night. So the guy is supposed to be there 9am-11am got there at 1:15pm. Still there, hasn't figured it out yet. Not amused for a $10K system in the first 24 hours.

Sherrel, they sent 2 crews to install and one electrician. I loaded all of those photos from my camera phone at the same time. Some stay straight, some don't. No idea why it does that. Never had a problem in the past, until the server move.
Questions, Jerome ....
1... Do you always hold the phone the same way - portrait or landscape?
2... Do you have auto-rotate turned - on or off?
(I am trying to learn myself too what causes it?)

Added: Think I managed to fix the photos!

Last edited:
Questions, Jerome ....
1... Do you always hold the phone the same way - portrait or landscape?
2... Do you have auto-rotate turned - on or off?
(I am trying to learn myself too what causes it?)

Sherrel

I have had this problem if you remember. What happens is if you hold the phone in a portrait format (straight up) all is normal. If you hold the phone in landscape format (turned from straight up to left) you will have normal landscape pictures. Now if you hold the phone in the opposite landscape format (turned from straight up to the right) it will show the pictures upside down or turned.

Update: when they installed the unit yesterday, they ran a screw into the coil. Well eventually all of the coolant ran out, hence, emergency heat last night. Parts not available until tomorrow. Hmmmmmm :mad:

Inexperienced crew or they didn't read the instructions.

We had a new furnace and AC unit installed years ago and when it came time for heating it didn't work. I found a wire that apparently fell loose from a circuit board hanging in plain view, but I called the installing company anyway. The original Tech who installed the unit came and with minutes after he remove the funace's service cover he stated that the the power switch next to the furnace was in the off position. No mention of the loose wire that I found now reattached after he left.

Go figure.

Back