A building, a layout, finally!!

Finally some progress on the new train room. We rented a drywall lift and got all of the ceiling drywall hung.

20200412_175214.jpg
20200412_153236.jpg

You mean like this? 3 each 2" X 6" look over my head in between the ceiling joists.

That should do it! Anything to make your life easier if you gotta go back up there to do some work of any kind to prevent yourself from falling through the ceiling. Hopefully the full length of the garage though. Looks like you got it brother! Are you going to use screens over your gable end vents?? A lot of times those kits don't come with them or if they do they are 1//4" square mesh. Get some actual aluminum window screen and staple over it on the inside of the louvers to keep tiny critters like bees and wasp out of the attic space.

Last edited by a moderator:
That should do it! Anything to make your life easier if you gotta go back up there to do some work of any kind to prevent yourself from falling through the ceiling. Hopefully the full length of the garage though. Looks like you got it brother! Are you going to use screens over your gable end vents?? A lot of times those kits don't come with them or if they do they are 1//4" square mesh. Get some actual aluminum window screen and staple over it on the inside of the louvers to keep tiny critters like bees and wasp out of the attic space.
The vents are octogon shaped with screen attached already. One end with have an exhaust fan running to keep the air moving up there.

Had a visit from the HVAC man yesterday. We are replacing our house unit and adding the mini split unit to the garage. Quite the bill, but we need the upgrade anyway. I have to move a 220v wire to where they want to put the split unit and get the sheet rock up, mudded and painted before Monday, so pictures to follow later.

Had a visit from the HVAC man yesterday. We are replacing our house unit and adding the mini split unit to the garage. Quite the bill, but we need the upgrade anyway. I have to move a 220v wire to where they want to put the split unit and get the sheet rock up, mudded and painted before Monday, so pictures to follow later.
You better "jump" -- that'sa bunch of work ahead!

Made some progress today. We had to build up the outside where the outdoor unit will sit

wheeler 01 (2).jpg

Will finish the rest later. Also got the sheetrock up where the indoor unit will go.
wheeler 02 (2).jpg

We will sand it Saturday, second coat it, then paint it. Sorry for the pictures. They load sideways no matter what I do. (Not this time - I cured that, moderator, Sherrel)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome - You are doing nothing wrong! Maybe someone a tiny bit smarter than I can explain it.
I "Think" that I have found the way to correct the photos without a great deal of trouble.
Why they sometimes post fallen over - I do not know?
Do you post photos from a computer or phone?

Jerome - You are doing nothing wrong! Maybe someone a tiny bit smarter than I can explain it.
I "Think" that I have found the way to correct the photos without a great deal of trouble.
Why they sometimes post fallen over - I do not know?
Do you post photos from a computer or phone?
Sherrel, I post from both actually.

OK, lots to report on today. Got up in the attic area in the new garage, cut a hole for the vent and exhaust fan. It's set at 95 degrees or 85% humidity, then it comes on.

20200418_144028.jpg
20200418_150644.jpg
20200418_151301.jpg
20200418_154055.jpg
20200418_190322.jpg

Also got the second coat of mud on the wall where the new A/C will go. Then got 2 coats of paint on it. All set for the HVAC guys to show up on Monday and do the install.

20200418_191724.jpg

Tomorrow I will get the other vent installed on the far end of the garage. I also have to do some electrical work on the 220v lines going to an outlet and the new HVAC unit.

OK, lots to report on today. Got up in the attic area in the new garage, cut a hole for the vent and exhaust fan. It's set at 95 degrees or 85% humidity, then it comes on.

View attachment 46764View attachment 46765View attachment 46766View attachment 46767View attachment 46768

Also got the second coat of mud on the wall where the new A/C will go. Then got 2 coats of paint on it. All set for the HVAC guys to show up on Monday and do the install.

View attachment 46769

Tomorrow I will get the other vent installed on the far end of the garage. I also have to do some electrical work on the 220v lines going to an outlet and the new HVAC unit.

Great progress buddy! Did ya caulk around that vent on the outside? I was noticing the pic with the white louvers. Caulk that so those damn wasp dont try to nest under the edges. Dude you are really kicking butt on this looks great! :cool: 👍

Back