1/87th Vehicles

Which 1/87th

Which Goodyear Truck would you say is 1/87th scale ? The top one was purchased a while back and the box was clearly marked 1/87th scale. The second one was purchased yesterday at a local supermarket. It is a matchbox and does not have any scale marked on it. So which one would you consider closer to HO scale ?

Which Goodyear Truck would you say is 1/87th scale ? The top one was purchased a while back and the box was clearly marked 1/87th scale. The second one was purchased yesterday at a local supermarket. It is a matchbox and does not have any scale marked on it. So which one would you consider closer to HO scale ?

From my experience, the MatchBox trucks are a little bit smaller than HO.

Truck & Tractor

Hi all I was at my local Dollar General looking for stuff for my wife and came across this item. It's all plastic but looks pretty good for some background work !!!!

Just A Note:
When WM starts clearancing their toys about the 10th to the 20th of Jan. keep your eyes on the 1/87th vehicles, because anything they have in stock that hasn't sold by then will be almost cut in half to get rid of it. In my store I was the only one buying the cars & trucks & we have a lot left over.
The toy dept. mgr. told me the $1.97 cars were going to be marked down to $1.00 or less & the asst. cars in a box were going to be cut to half & the vans would be cut in half or less.
My last day on this forum will be the 24th of this month.
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALLLLLLLLLLLL.

Larry

Gee I wish our Wal Marts would get some in, heck I wouldn't mind paying full price anytime of the year. Ah! Well I'll live, albeit a little unhappy about that. :D

Best of the season to you Larry

Cheers Willis

Sounds good Thanks for the information Larry, Hope you have a real nice Holiday also . You said last day on the forum. Is that for this year or forever ?

So I was just going to look for this thread today. My Wal*mart has 3 boxes on the shelf of NEW single vehicles. I was on my last 15 min break of the day and happened across them, saw a NEAT Black & red VW bus (well 3). I went to buy them 2 hours later and they are almost sold out already, the bus gone.

So keep looking, they've got some new ones on the shelves!

sweet. Mom used to have a vw bus like that way back in the day, prolly never get the drug residue outta it (she lived in S-F in the drug hayday) which might explain my issues haha J/K

This picture isn't the best, its a tad blurry, but it shows off the truck, next to my 1st run, Blue & white one.

I saw somrthing today that I wanted everyone thought or opinion on...
As you know about the Norscot Cats having the lower version (Walmart) HO scale 1/87 products...they also have the Construction Mini's. A guy on e-bay did some measurements on the traction tractor series. Here is what he said....he compared and took measurements of the Norscot CAT Mini's D5G XL Track-Type Tractor and the Norscot Cat D5M Tractor 1/87 Diecast and it turns out that they are to HO scale but for the traction tractor series only thus far. Interesting enough I bought some and he is right. Why would they market it like this if it is so close to scale yet the rest of the mini series are closer to N scale. hmmmm I may have re investigate those machines and measure those too....

Any thoughts gang?:rolleyes:

The boxed ones? The guys on http://www.87thscale.info/index.htm say thats its too small, more near 1:90-1:95, AND CAT never marketed an "XL" for the D5's. There are others that have the XL tread, but the D5 does not. Not that I care, its close enough for me to use on my layout!

well other than the XL i am ok with it ...I put it next to the other and I am hard pressed to let it go!

Back