Search results

1. T

Cheap vehicles

Does anyone have a line on cheap vehicles. I'm talking cheap. Like plastic crap that comes 5 to a package. I've found that by priming and painting them they could pass for something much better. There are plenty of toys I'm sure, but finding 1:87 could be difficult, especially in the 1940's...
  2. T

Signs

There is/was a thread that had bunches of signs that could be printed. For the life of me I can't find it. Can anyone help a brother out? Thanks in advance.
  3. T

First serious attempt

It's time for another layout update. Here is an overhead looks of most of what I've got done on "Dogbone Flats". You can see that I've started building road on my way out of town. The altitude is beginning to rise and will conclude on the other side of the layout in "Dogbone Heights". I...
  4. T

Layout lighting

Thanks Tom
  5. T

Layout lighting

Any suggestions for improving my layout lighting? I've got 6 recessed canned lights that just aren't doing it. I absolutely don't want to rip anything apart to add additional lighting. I've been thinking about buying some socket extensions and adding those 4 way LED's (garage lights), but...
  6. T

Static grass applicator

I was kidding. It's a Chinese piece of crap.
  7. T

Static grass applicator

I didn't check, but I doubt that the device had the underwriters seal of approval.
  8. T

Static grass applicator

I've been messing with static grass lately and am really happy with the results. I've been aware that you can get jolted from touching the screen while there is power to the unit. How bad can that be? Welllllll. I mistakenly pushed the power button while I was twisting on the top of the...
  9. T

Facia material

Some really good ideas here. Thanks.
  10. T

Modeling supply web sites

I just found a great site for miscellaneous castings and such. It's called Besttrains.com. Lot's of goodies here. I imagine there a lots of these sites. Do you folks have some favorite sites you'd like to share?
  11. T

Facia material

Thanks GT. I've go dog bones on my layout so I need a flexible bendable material.
  12. T

Facia material

What is the material that you guys use on the edge (facia) of your layouts? And what is it called? Surely it can't be called facia.
  13. T

Power source for lighting

That's what I was thinking. Just gotta find one now
  14. T

This looks awesome, but you're right, kind of spendy.
  15. T

Willie, do you cut the plugs at the end of the chargers and hook the bare wire up to a bus line?
  16. T

This may sound pretty lame for many of you, but I've got a question. What power source do you use for simple lighting on your layout, such as street lights and buildings, etc. I'm not to that point in my layout yet, but before I set my structures I drill a hole so I can have access to place...
  17. T

Modeling Bar Mills "Jerry's Small Engine Repair"

I just kind of threw him in there to set a scene. 😀
  18. T

That's funny. I love dry transfers. Easy, no muss, no fuss. I just can't seem to find much variety. They don't look so good on window material though. Decals look much better. Nice job.
  19. T

Here is the completed structure: The destroyed shack doesn't look half bad. I'll further hide the damage when I place the building in the layout.

Back