Search results

1. BigGRacing

Looking for a modeller known as ‘Perkasie’

Hi there, I came across an old modellers forum at one time where a great modeller had great tips. His handle was Perkasie and he built a lot of the older bar mills kits and had a fantastic HO scale layout. Has anyone heard of him or know whether or not he might post on any other forums? I think...
  2. BigGRacing

Digitrax decoder and sound install

Good morning, wondering if anyone has any suggestions for which Digitrax decoder and sound set up I should consider for my HO scale Mehano 2-10-2 steam locomotive and possibly a reasonably priced speaker set up? I have a guy from the club that will coach me through my first install, I just have...
  3. BigGRacing

Atlas track plans

Anybody know if there are any Atlas HO scale forums out there or wonder why there are not very many atlas ho scale track plans online? Not counting using flex track, mainly referring to set track, there seems to be everything but HO scale.
  4. BigGRacing

Puzzle - Anyone recognize this kit ?

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this building ? It looks to me like 4 kits joined maybe
  5. BigGRacing

Sunshine Foundation Charity Build

Well, Covid restrictions are slowly lifting here and getting back to normal. Two of our members were continuing to work hard and are progressing on this awesome build! Plaster shell hill covered with Latex paint and tracks with the first application of ballast. On Tuesday I plan to add the...
  6. BigGRacing

HP and Sackville Railroad

Hey everyone, any suggestions on getting as much yard track as reasonable in a 3x8 foot section? Mainly want parallel tracks and with turnouts that are readily available today? I never planned properly for my turnouts down into a yard and now have to rework that end of my layout.
  7. BigGRacing

3D printing help

Hey everyone, Are any of you utilizing 3D printing much by chance? I saw a thread someplace, a fueling tower if I recall that someone built with a 3D printer. More so interested in doing buildings, anyone familiar with anyone that does it at a reasonable price or someone that might have some...
  8. BigGRacing

Need new trucks for this Locomotive

Hey everyone, Does anyone know the most cost effective way to get a new set of trucks (the six set) for this locomotive? I dont believe that these trucks come apart and I haven't been able to track down the correct size bushings.
  9. BigGRacing

Model RR puzzle

Do any of you recognize this vintage passenger platform ? Top Left

Back