Atlas track plans

BigGRacing

Aka. Gary Russell
Anybody know if there are any Atlas HO scale forums out there or wonder why there are not very many atlas ho scale track plans online?
Not counting using flex track, mainly referring to set track, there seems to be everything but HO scale.

Anybody know if there are any Atlas HO scale forums out there or wonder why there are not very many atlas ho scale track plans online?
Not counting using flex track, mainly referring to set track, there seems to be everything but HO scale.
They're many out there somewhere. Just have to ask for them by name. No comprehensive list though.

Thanks guys, and yes, just dead set against flex track and it’s killing me for sure. Every good plan I find is for a 12 foot long section where I only have about 10.5 or it is for 18” track where you can’t run any larger engines if I ever move that route and yes, even my old over under bridge isn’t tall enough for a newer container car if I ever get one of those…..lol. And got forbid there are many track plans with double mainlines…..so demoralizing, why didn’t atlas do a 21” radius curve…..wouldn’t 15, 18, 21 and 24 have made more sense then 15, 18, 22 and 24 ? Or am I just from a different planet ?

Thanks guys, and yes, just dead set against flex track and it’s killing me for sure. Every good plan I find is for a 12 foot long section where I only have about 10.5 or it is for 18” track where you can’t run any larger engines if I ever move that route and yes, even my old over under bridge isn’t tall enough for a newer container car if I ever get one of those…..lol. And got forbid there are many track plans with double mainlines…..so demoralizing, why didn’t atlas do a 21” radius curve…..wouldn’t 15, 18, 21 and 24 have made more sense then 15, 18, 22 and 24 ? Or am I just from a different planet ?
If you are still looking for track plans that atlas did, I have a booklet they use to pass out that has a number of their early layout plans. I can scan it for you if you want? I'm surprised its not on line??

I think you need to get over your objections to using flex track,...it really helps you getting slightly unusual curves into a plan.

And don't be afraid of making slightly larger grades to get those overpasses slightly higher for the double stack container cars and auto carriers. Most of today's diesel engines will climb them, or just double head them. Just make sure you give smooth tansition joints at the top and bottom.

Thanks Beiland,

Your offer is greatly appreciated, I will be fine (eventually) with the great resources and track plans already provided to me by many great people. Just following Iron Horsemans advice and putting down some track and trialing different configurations to see what I like best. Slow progress is being made as my 2inches of foam has been glued down and that wasn't even part of my original plan. As my build goes, a lot of all of the great ideas are getting incorporated albeit slowly. It is coming along though!

Back