Puzzle - Anyone recognize this kit ?

BigGRacing

Aka. Gary Russell
I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this building ? It looks to me like 4 kits joined maybe

D2309E2D-920D-42B8-BA7B-375046F6A963.jpeg

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this building ? It looks to me like 4 kits joined maybe
That is too easy! Ask a hard one. ;)
You are exactly right. That is four Walthers Cornerstone 2 stall engine house kits built end to end. One can tell it is originally an engine house because of the 4 exhaust stacks on each of the roofs where the smoke stack of a steam locomotive would have been were it parked in there. I don't know exactly what it is supposed to represent in this case as it is too narrow to be a car shop and WAY to narrow to allow any sort of loading / unloading. A place to keep box cars out of the weather???

Last edited:
Next puzzle if I may, anyone recognize the middle building on the left, and the two on the right ?

From Jeff Paulsen’s awesome layout.

DD2E9EE8-E655-4C76-8470-A17D96CDA5ED.png

You mean 1, 2, 3 as below? Hmmm tricky.

#1 is Walther's 933-2902 Machine shop Terminal Structure. Don't believe the water tower is part of that kit. Over sized for the top of a building.
#2 Can't find, I think it is a Magnuson, but you would be real close with either:
Walthers Cornerstone 933-3095 - REA Transfer Building (many of Walther's structures are after Magnuson designs.)​
Two Walthers 933-3173 Commissary/Freight Transfer Buildings back to back.​
#3 appears to be kitbashed primarily from a Heljan/ConCor B681 Slaughterhouse. The chimney is not from that and also oversized for being on the top of a building.
Three Buildings.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks IronHorseman, I found some after they said heljan as well I think. No 3 is a brewery kit I think.

FC1F9EAD-F4E3-454A-9865-70794E2CF35D.png

013BFF6B-4533-4790-878F-C770F5A09769.png

Thanks IronHorseman, I found some after they said heljan as well I think. No 3 is a brewery kit I think.
Yup. These companies often use the same molds and add or subtract pieces from them and re-market them. I see the smoke stack is part of the Brewery Kit as is the extra taller section of the building that is not in the Slaughterhouse kit. I had written it off as a separate structure.

Looks like a really nice structure. I don't have that one. Might have to add it to the collection.

Last edited:

Back