Search results

1. R

Does the C-Liner Have MU Hoses on Both Sides?

I received a Trueline FM C-Liner and after taking it out noticed on the one side there are no MU hoses is this normal or a defect from the factory or possibly falling off?
  2. R

Repowering An Old Athearn Engine using a Proto 2000 motor?

Recently on eBay I bought an unpainted GP-18 so that I could put an old Proto 2000 shell over top of it. The train could not run anymore because I think my dad buggered up the wiring in it attempting to fix it but making it worse in the process however the flywheels and motor are intact. Could...
  3. R

Most Bang For the Buck HO Scale Big Boy?

Trix, Precision Craft, Broadway, Marklin, Genesis, I test ran a Rivarossi and wasn't impressed. What do you feel is the best all around including drive, detail, and price. I dont mind getting used. I would like to keep it below 4-500dollars CAN.
  4. R

Air Brushing and weathering using an air compressor?

I want to know if you could use a compressor that you could buy from the Home Depot or Wal-Mart compared to going out and buying a Badger or tester's type compressor?
  5. R

Do PPW Machima Motors fit in Athearn Baldwin Switchers?

If so which motor would best fit? thanks.
  6. R

How To Kitbash A Transfer Caboose?

I was looking through a model railroader magazine and saw one. I have an old beaten up without wheels, couplers, and trucks Burlington Northern boxcar made by I believe Athearn. I'll need to find a Burlington Northern flatcar aswell but besides that what else will I need to make it? And has...
  7. R

Converting A 1st Generation Athearn Genesis SD70 Into A Hybrid

Hello i am Ryan the son of a veteran model railroader who was born into the hobby. Anyway I thought about the crazy idea of converting my dad's 1st generation Athearn Genesis SD70 into a hybrid of either an Atlas or a Kato by changing the gears and possibly the motor to make the old beauty sound...

Back