Search results

1. R

Santa Fe?

Making a road trip with the family this spring and Santa Fe is kinda along the path. Is there anything worth seeing there with regard to trains, train museums, displays etc? How involved was the city of Santa Fe with the Santa Fe RR? TIA, Eric
  2. R

Atlas RS-1 DCC/Sound ready?

I found this auction on ebay and I think I want it. I mean, I love the RS-1 and would like to have one in my collection but I can't tell from the description on ebay or on Atlas' site if it is DCC equipped or ready. Anyone have any experience with this locomotive? Also, I'm addicted to...
  3. R

What's the best Model RR magazine?

If you were going to subscribe to only one, which model railroad magazine would you choose?
  4. R

Saw some silver BNSF cars the other day...

I was driving so I didn't get a great look, but I saw a LONG line of beautiful silver (looked like bright aluminum) BNSF cars. I think they were some sort of hopper... the line they were on was a higher elevation than the road it paralleled so I couldn't see near the top.. Anyway, I fell in...
  5. R

CP Jupiter - 4-4-0 American

So, I love this loco. I have one in HO, but its the cheapy Bachmann model with the motor in the tender that drives the boiler with a drive shaft. It does have a light but it gets its power from the front truck and it flickers... must be a bad connection up there somewhere. Its noisy and its DC...
  6. R

PRR Passenger Cars 1920's

So, I've got a PRR K4 post WW1 version and I want to get some passenger cars to go with it. I know little about passenger cars so I'm both looking for a source of info and for suggestions on brand and what-not. I looked at the passenger cars at the LHS but they all seem a lot longer than the...
  7. R

Andrew Jackson

According to Wikipedia: June 6th, 1833 - U.S. President Andrew Jackson becomes the first President to ride a train. Any idea what train that was?
  8. R

What line and era, and why?

Just curious to know your thoughts on your layouts. Can you answer, in as detailed or as simply as you wish, what line and what era you chose to model in and why? Also, what did you use as your primary resources for accuracy? Much obliged!
  9. R

Mth 4-6-2 Ho

I fell in love with a Mike's Train House 4-6-2 loco at the hobby store. I nearly walked out with it, but the guy helping me was concerned about its DCC capabilities. Apparently MTH does their own thing with regard to digital control and although they support a subset of DCC, they haven't seemed...
  10. R

Greets! HO Newbie looking for more advice

Hello! I've actually been playing with HO trains off and on since I was young. However, I've never had a place to set up a permanent track with landscaping and the like. All previous HO experience has been with temporary track and relatively inexpensive (read: cheap) train sets from Tyco and...

Back