Saw some silver BNSF cars the other day...

Rednarb

I love trains!
I was driving so I didn't get a great look, but I saw a LONG line of beautiful silver (looked like bright aluminum) BNSF cars. I think they were some sort of hopper... the line they were on was a higher elevation than the road it paralleled so I couldn't see near the top..

Anyway, I fell in love. Those cars looked really nice, and they were clean as far as I could tell, and could be near new for all I know.

Anyone know what they are and/or have any links to pictures?

I'd love to model some of these but I imagine it would be difficult to get that aluminum look without actually using aluminum.

Last edited by a moderator:
That must be the it! Doesn't look as shiny in that picture as in real life but thems the ones.

Eventually they'll produce them with the swoosh, for now that requires a Microscale decal set. It'll require a combination, I'd say take the logo from one of the new logo sets, I think the Covered hopper set is the only one right now.

I believe you're right about the combination...I just bought the covered hopper set (MS #60-4380) . If you aren't a rivet counter, you could probably use it to do coalporters, but to be totally correct you'd need the decal set for coalporters, then steal the "Swoosh" out of the covered hopper set, which is for 2 bay hoppers.

Back