Search results

1. C

Powering Rapido Railcrew Uncoupler

I installed one of these magnets a while ago but have not figured the best way to power it. I want to power it and see how this one works before I buy more. The instructions say to use a 12 volt D.C. (min. 500 milliamp). I asked Google but haven't seen anything I'm sure will fit my needs. If...
  2. C

Locomotive headlights

Hi, all. I have a Walthers NS GP-60 that has all kinds of options for front and rear headlights to flash in several ways and brightening/dimming patterns. I would like to at least make an attempt to use these features somewhat prototypically. I have searched Google add nauseam but only info...
  3. C

First Try At Weathering / Painting

Sorry about the orientation of the pics. I used a technique I saw on YouTube to paint my Walthers Bridge (although I used slightly different paints). Given that I have never painted a model before I'm satisfied but would certainly like to hear any advice or constructive criticism anyone has...
  4. C

Glueing Plastic To Wood

!Hi, everyone. I bought a Walthers single track bridge a while back and intended to buy another to form a double track bridge. However, I decided to use 1/4" plywood for the deck bridge and use the sides of the bridge from the kit to save a couple of bucks and add some uniqueness to my layout...
  5. C

How do i change address of nce snap it decoder?

Hi again. I got a couple of NCE Snap It decoders for my PECO PL 10 switch machines. I installed one and it is working fine. However, I cannot figure out how to change the accessory address from the default address of 001. I read and thought I followed the instructions but it still only responds...
  6. C

Question about point motors

I'm using Peco code 83 electro-frog turnouts on my layout. Now I'm giving some thought to what kind of point motors I want to use. I originally planned to keep it simple and use Peco PL-11 side mounted switch machines but I read they have been known to have reliability issues. This has me...
  7. C

Girder Bridges

I just bought a Walthers 70' girder bridge which can be modeled with or without a concrete deck. I'm loosely modeling the late '90s. I googled it but didn't find the info I was looking for. What do you guys think...concrete deck or no?
  8. C

Peco Electrogrog and switch machines?

I'm considering changing my Atlas snap switches for Peco #5 Electrofrog. Now would be the time while it would still be easy to change the track plan. The Peco look better and from what I understand from several websites and YouTube videos more reliable and longer lasting. For all of these...
  9. C

Using Atlas Snap Switches

Hi, everyone. After several weeks of not getting much done on my first dcc layout (and first layout in twenty plus years) I am back at it. I have a couple of questions about the code 83 Atlas snap switches I'm using: 1. I'm aware that these are not the highest end turnouts available but it is...
  10. C

HELP!! Rolling stock problem caught on video

https://youtu.be/JFghMKry-p4 In the video you will see the wheels come up off the rails. I'm not sure why this is happening. It only happens with these two boxcars and only when they are directly behind the locomotive (not when another car is between them and the loco). I thought it may be that...
  11. C

Attn: Moderators. Woops!

I want to share the progress of my layout as I build it. I began by posting a thread in the "Virtual Layout Tour" forum named "My CSX Gainesville & Northern". It probably belongs in this section so please feel free to move it if you can or let me know if you would like me to to delete it and...
  12. C

My CSX Gainesville & Northern

https://youtu.be/ebrw1iquml4Hi, everybody. I recently posted a pic of my layout in the "Showin' Off" section of this forum but "showin' off" seems a bit of a heavy handed phrase for a beginner like myself. I do, however, want to share pics and vids of my progress as I build my fictional HO scale...
  13. C

My incipient model railroad

Hi, everyone. My name is Paul. I joined this forum months ago using the username "pmwtrain". Long story short... I am so low-tech I decided changing my username and re-joining was the easiest way to re-connect. Some of you may remember that I am a beginner. Since joining this group I've had...

Back