Search results

1. A

Changing cv's on Atlas locomotime with QSI sound

I have just acquired an Atlas SD26 with QSI sound. I want to change some of the cv's, particularly the volume, which is a bit high for me. I use NCE Powercab and it will not read the cv's on programming track mode and on 'programming on the main' setting it reads the cv's but will not accept...
  2. A

Pics from last weekend's Model Railway Show

Spalding Model Railway Exhibition, here in the UK was held on Saturday and Sunday. There were 36 high quality layouts and many traders. I naturally gravitated towards the American layouts ;) Some snaps of my favourites:
  3. A

Concrete Roads

Can anyone point me to a model railroad which has concrete roads or to pictures of full size roads? I want to lay a concrete road on my layout and wonder what are the easiest methods to achieve this. I would rather not use plaster, or similar and thought of using card or styrene sheet. Any...
  4. A

Swapmeets/Toy Fairs

Went to a toy fair (swapmeet) this morning. Used to frequent these before we moved abroad. Must be seven or eight years since I visited. Back then, there would be a huge queue awaiting opening time, but this morning at a few minutes to opening there were maybe 15 people! Inside I used to have...
  5. A

HELP needed with programming a Broadway RSD15 with Paragon2 sound

I have recently acquired a Broadway Blueline RSD15 with sound. The short address is set at 3 as usual and both locomotive and sound operates beautifully on this address. I set the long address at 2401 which will be the locomotive running number and it operates fine on this address. BUT the...
  6. A

Changing direction on Atlas Master sound loco

I have acquired an Atlas Master Alco RS3 with Loksound decoder. Andersley western runs long hood forward and this one runs short hood forward. Anyone know which CV needs changing to reverse the direction?
  7. A

Gauge 1 Handbuilt Brass Locomotives.

Some of the well over 100 brass locomotives, all made as commissions quite a few years ago! https://www.flickr.com/photos/andersley_images/sets/72157650029903690/
  8. A

Different direction?

I just installed a decoder in a Kato Alco Rsc2 and a Atlas Alco C425. Both have 8 pin sockets for the plug in decoders I used (non-sound). HO scale. Strange thing is, although they are plug in type, the locomotives go in opposite directions! I would have expected all dcc ready locos to...
  9. A

Building the Andersley Western Railroad

New switching layout underway. All track is laid and ready for wiring of slide switches which both control turnouts and provide power to frogs. Some structures are being reused from previous layouts but more are needed, either kitbuilt or scratchbuilt/kitbashed. The AW is freelance, but set in...
  10. A

Road vehicles for the 70's era?

Having just started an HO scale switching layout based in the 1970's, there seems to be a shortage of road vehicles for this era, although it is a popular era to model. Does anyone know of the availability of such models? Cars, trucks and farm tractors and equipment are needed. Thanks in...
  11. A

Hello from England

I have been a member here for a while (but lapsed for last few years). I cannot access my old account, so thought that as I am starting a new layout I would start a new account in my own name! A native of England, we have lived in Slovenia for four years, where I built a Slovenian HO layout...

Back