Search results

1. M

thinking at getting out of model railroad

The heart should be a improvement if the surgery works and there no problems the other health problems are becoming worst but for the most part are not life theating the mass they found last year don't appear to be a problem
  2. M

thinking at getting out of model railroad

Been a rough year my health as been bad and the medical bills have destroyed any chance to buy lumber and train equipment or even FD das. So I got a empty room with boxes of model railroad stuff just sitting there. Plus I planed to up grade my rolling stock and found its not worth it that's...
  3. M

How do you quit second-guessing your track plan?

thinking the same as Greg about the plexiglass around the edge. as for second guessing yourself you will probly do that the day you tell yourself your done building your layout. there will alwas be something you will want to improve or change. know you just need to push on build your track your...
  4. M

Hello from Down Under

howdy and welcome to the forum
  5. M

Snow operations

Half the power you can't see through the snow.
  6. M

Amtrak train derails in Kansas, 11 injured

Semi driver illegal alien ran truck into track damaging the track got the truck off didn't report the accident afraid of getting arrested. So people got hurt. At lest the police cought the truck driver
  7. M

Thay are saying a semi truck damaged that portion of track and that caused the derail but it's still bad track. The main opened last night and the moved the Amtrak toa siding for their investigation.
  8. M

Hey everyone, new to model railroading!

Welcome to forum I to started with bachmann and still use some of the equipment. It does the job. Like Willie asked what guage you plan to use are and era. Plus how much space do you have for your layout a room or something smaller. I would suggest a good computer planning program like scarm...
  9. M

my engine caught fire

Glad your OK do you know what started the fire.
  10. M

Talked to some of the BNSF crews in newton rumur is track failed. If I hear anything i will post.
  11. M

I need ideas

What's is in the area around city or country if it's country you may think of a feedlot or a sand pit
  12. M

NMRA Feedback

I have looked into it myself but just don't have the time to drive to wichita. Maybe they need to see if the can set video meetings for all the people who would like to join that don't live near divisions.
  13. M

You can't cure stupid

that takes skill to be that dumb its to bad this people are out there
  14. M

hy rail kaboda

Testing track at lest that what i been told
  15. M

hy rail kaboda

we got this working in the newton ks. a kabada set up to check track.
  16. M

I'm Pete, and I'm a model railroader

welcome Pete sounds like you have a good plan what are going to use for your operating system.
  17. M

RR bridge with visiable power lines attached

a lot of brigdes had lines on them most where teleghaphs lines. the railroads ran the lines and did the upkeep as phone lines so it simpler to put them on the same right of way. power companys have use the same right of way to cut down on the cost.
  18. M

Interesting Railroad Overpass Construction

they used concret when they replaced the decks in newton it was for weight and the brige is over 100 years old. There was some settling and there was shifting.
  19. M

Because I Was There

nice video

Back