Search results

1. montanan

Slippery situation

2. montanan

Livingston Model Railroad Club Layout Cab Ride

Here's a video taken at the Livingston Model Railroad Club located in the basement of the old Northern Pacific Depot in Livingston, MT, which is now a railroad museum. The layout occupies three rooms in the basement. Occasionally you'll see an a**hole in a blue Navy T shirt and hat, that's me...
  3. montanan

Gardiner, MT on the Livingston model railroad club

This building was modeled using photos of the actual building obtained from the Museum of the Rockies.
  4. montanan

The treasure State Railway

Last year I posted a video of the Treasure State Railway built by the late Pete Ellis. The first part of his layout was built inside a quanset hut on his ranch near Cascade, MT. Here is the original video posted last year. The video quality is quite poor as the video was originally recorded on...
  5. montanan

North Coast Limited

This was posted on the old forum. When I was growing up, our family took regular trips on the North Coast Limited. Traveling by train back in the 50's and 60's was nothing like it is today. Rail travel was fantastic. I had picked up an Athearn Geinis F-7A years ago when it first came out and...
  6. montanan

The Livingston Model Railroad Club

I've been a lone operator up here in Montana ever since I returned 40 years ago. I had no idea that there was a model railroad club in Livingston until I was notified of a train show in the old Northern Pacific Depot in Livingston, MT. The old depot has been restored and is now a museum. The...
  7. montanan

4449 Daylight across Montana

A number of years ago I was driving westbound on interstate 90 between Bozeman and Belgrade, MT when I saw a strange headlight pattern coming towards me on the BNSF tracks which parallel the interstate. It finally got closer and there was no doubt what it was. I hit one of the crossing in the...
  8. montanan

Filling a void

I had a large open area with not much in it. Hard to believe on a model railroad. I had a black smith shop hanging around that I had built probably 20 years ago but had not put it on the layout. Woodland Scenics came out with the built up mobile homes so this gave me an opportunity to put...
  9. montanan

Northern Pacific Railroad History.

Here are some interesting videos on the history of the Northern Pacific Railway. I know a number of people in this video. Waren McGee who passed away recently was a fellow I knew. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePqcM9ENS8 Growing up in Montana and having ridden the North Coast Limoted...
  10. montanan

Steam Locomotive Controls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrV8x01LLNo
  11. montanan

Uploading Photos

I don't want to jump into another post http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?40463-Freight-Car-Kit-Or-Scratch-Build-Contest and hijack it. Until recently I have never had any problems uploading photos of any kind to the forum. I have uploaded photos of many sizes over the...
  12. montanan

The Treaqsure State Railway

Great layout, but a crappy video. This is a great layout of the late Pete Ellis. The video quality is not the best as the original 8 mm video was played on the TV and than recorded with a camcorder. There is also some distortion as the TV elongated horizontally to fit the video to the screen...
  13. montanan

Running Bears Coffee Shop LXV

Looks like it's time to move on to a new coffee shop. Flo and Francine are on their way. Looks like duplicate posts. Go here. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?40267-Running-Bear-s-Coffee-Shop-LXV&p=451237#post451237 Got some chores to get done. Be back soon.
  14. montanan

Livingston, MT model railroad club layout.

Recently I attended a swap meet and train show in the old Northern Pacific depot in Livingston, MT. I had no idea that there was a model railroad club there. They have an outstanding layout with some excellent scenery. It occupies three rooms in the basement of the depot where the have a large...
  15. montanan

HO scale from Neo

I have been collecting HO scale vehicles for over 25 years for the transition era as I model late summer in 1957 and came across a few new ones made by Neo. They are a bit pricey but I wanted to try to have a good variety without many repeats. I had posted these in the Coffee House, but not...
  16. montanan

Like Snow?

If you lake snow, watch this video. Even if you don't, it's worth watching. http://www.pbs.org/video/2365218614/
  17. montanan

Old Milwaukee Road Switchers

I ran across these old B&W photos of Milwaukee Road switchers I got from my cousin around 30 years ago so I could custom paint and detail some HO locomotives. I totally forgot that I had them and found them when we were getting rid of some old furniture. Most of the photos were taken in...
  18. montanan

Photos of my old N scale layout.

Here's some photos of my old N scale layout that I came across while doing remodeling work during the summer. These photos are only from one corner of the layout. I had 11 scale miles of main line that could take as long as 20 minutes to make a lap around the layout. I started a small N scale...
  19. montanan

Northern Pacific F-9 7012A

While rummaging around in some old boxes of model railroad goodies I found these photos that I took either in the late 70's or early 80's at the Burlington Northern shops in Livingston, MT. Marvin Varnes, the shop supervisor had given me a phone call saying that they had just completed a...

Back