Search results

1. E

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

Ken the railroad is really coming together and looking good. I need to make a trip back over and see some trains being ran!!!
  2. E

The New Kato P42 in HO: Some Questions

DCC install If they have the room that the older Athearn RTR engines did you will have plenty of room for a great DCC install. I would love to have a kato engine in Phase IV. That is my modeling scheme and seems to be getting hard to find!
  3. E

New BLI Model

New engine Sweet looking engine but there is something wrong with it, just cant put my finger on it....................................Oh yeah, it's no NORFOLK SOUTHERN!
  4. E

Detailed NS Locos: SD40-2 & SD70M Flared

pictures Man those look pretty good. Love the SD40-2, that is the engine I have always enjoyed watching. I hope my projects come out good on my converted High Hood SD40-2 engine...
  5. E

Layout I have been over to Kens and ran trains on his layout before. He has a well contructed layout and with a few trains running it really gets interesting. I did however "ruin" the layout (as most would say) running NS engines on his BNSF and UP layout. Amtrak mades it appearance with a...
  6. E

Wilson North Carolina

Hobby Barn Hey guys I tured Ken on to that when he was down that way doing some work. I did a google search on afternoon 2 years ago and found it. The store is pretty awesome. It has a ton of HO scale stuff with some N scale and even some G Scale. The layout upstairs is something that you...
  7. E

BLI Bluebird question

correction Hey thanks for the correction there, I didnt even realize I messed that up that bad. I got some time over the snow day to get into it and look a little deeper. I think I can salvage it with some work. It need to be stripped and then start the process of detailing and putting back...
  8. E

BLI Bluebird question

Hey guys I recently purchased a BLI Bluebird SD40-2 NS engine off ebay. After recieving it I have noticed that the body need alot of work. I have asked BLI if they have replacement parts for the shell of this engine and I was told it is an older engine I would need to find a sheel else where...
  9. E

Athearn power problem

Athearn power issues I have had issues such as this in the past. After taking apart the engine I found the "clips" Athearn love to use always has connectivity issues. I removed the wires from those and soldered the wire directly to the metal clips on the motor and trucks directly and the issue...
  10. E

awesome Awesome job. Cant wait to see it all put together...
  11. E

Another WTH Ebay Moment

my thoughts I think IM should do the GEVO units all detailed up and I think MTH (1st Choice) or Athearn Genesis(2nd Choice) to produce the ACe units. Either way I am guessing we will still have a ton of detailing to do to make it perfect!!! We shall see. Eric
  12. E

Another WTH Ebay Moment

Wow WOW that is truely crazy. I just read they will be mass produced by I think Athearn Genesis in the near future starting around $450. I think I can wait for those to come out and enjoy them and even spend less money!!!
  13. E

Display Ken, Can't wait to get back from overseas and met up with you. I think if we can get the layout up and working we can make a sweet layout and possibly an awesome club there. Eric
  14. E

Another WTH Ebay Moment

Omg Let me grab my wallet right now..........
  15. E

Can of worms

trip Y3a, Believe me I know all about Manassas and also Quantico. My son is 7 years old and has been diagnosed with Autism and ADHD. Trains really calm him down so everynight after I get home from work we have to make a trip to the Fredericksburg train house (as he calls it). On the...
  16. E

Can of worms

excellent This is the great input I was looking for. I unfortunately great up in the 80s and 90s so pretty much most of the newer stuff is what I am use to. From a small town I same a few EMD and very few GE engines. Now I have grown up and living in the Washington DC area I am surrounded by...
  17. E

Can of worms

Gentlemen.... Figured I would open up a can of worms with this but really get some good input into this. What build of locomotive do you enjoy the most? (EMD, ALCO, GE....etc) Also post what your most favorite locomotive is. I know there will be a ton of questions on this...
  18. E

Let me tell you a story about a Big Boy

Seller info Sounds like all the guys before me quoted exactly what you should do. You should also post the users ebay name on here and warn the model railroad hobbiest about this guy so we don't have the same issue. I hope all works out for you. I had to go through this with a seller on some RC...
  19. E

DCC setup bench

testing 9V battery might work for me. I still need to create a track or 2 for speed matching as well. Currently I am able to get to the club maybe 1 day a week and have no time to setup the trains there. I need somewhere to do it before leaving for the track. Eric
  20. E

First attempt with airbrush paints

Weathering Man that car looks good. Love the "real" looking rust on the car. After getting back from over seas i will be dedicated to learning all these tricks so I can start weathering my engine.

Back