BLI Bluebird question

EHodges

Hey guys I recently purchased a BLI Bluebird SD40-2 NS engine off ebay. After recieving it I have noticed that the body need alot of work. I have asked BLI if they have replacement parts for the shell of this engine and I was told it is an older engine I would need to find a sheel else where. Here are some of the issues I have found.

-Broken handrails
-number boards missing
-lights broken out
-poor paint
and a few others. I would love to strip the engine and redo the paint and decals but can anyone point me into the direction of BLI parts to use on this engine. (a complete and new shell would be awesome). If you can help ever if it is something small please let me know.

Eric

A correction: it is BlueLine, not Bluebird.

Unless you can scout a shell on ebay, or at a hobby show, try hoyardsale, or maybe NWSL or Grandt Line or one of those details sellers has the parts in while metal.

correction

Hey thanks for the correction there, I didnt even realize I messed that up that bad. I got some time over the snow day to get into it and look a little deeper. I think I can salvage it with some work. It need to be stripped and then start the process of detailing and putting back together. I found the guy has put some hard tape on the inside of the shell and used something like elmers glue to harden and make the white numberboards. I took the tape out and the number boards crumbled. Getting to be an interesting project already adn just started!!!

The current BLI Paragon2 SD40-2 shell is exactly the same as the Blueline series and will fit properly over the chassis. I know this because I just switched a Blueline BNSF shell onto a new Paragon2 chassis, and then sold the Blueline chassis with a Paragon2 CSX shell on it.

The only problem for you is that the current BLI Paragon2 SD40-2s are not offered in NS. There are NS high-nosed versions from a year-old series still available on the secondary market, so you could try that route. I doubt you'd be able to buy just the shell though.

Back