Search results

1. R

Stacking pink foam to support track or make tunnels

Quick question, I see a lot of people making elevations by cutting the lower level and raising the cut pieces of wood to make an elevated platform. I am doing a medium sized layout and just only want one elevation running along the back side. What would be wrong if anything in just stacking foam...
  2. R

OK I think I goofed.

In my enthusiasm to "just do it" I have pretty much jumped the gun and worked myself into a pickle. I had been thinking of track plans for my L shaped HO scale layout for quite some time but I had a weekend to work on it and in my haste just sort of half planned my approach figuring it would all...
  3. R

Bridge Kit Assembly

I just received a 3 bridges in the mail The sides don't snap together and won't stay put by themselves so they need to be glued or epoxied. What are the details of the standard practices used for this type of structure? I will be combining all 3 of these bridges supported by pillars to span a...
  4. R

Converting old trains to DCC

I have several 20 some year old Tyco trains I would like to try converting to DCC. I read somewhere that some decoders can't handle some older motors so I was wondering what type of decoder or other pitfalls I should be looking out for. I would also like to know if anyone has converted a...
  5. R

New to DCC

Hi, There was a deal at my local hobby shop and I couldn't pass it up. I got the E-Z commander set with 2 engines, several stock cars and the E-Z commander controller for $107. Get it home and reading the documentation I saw it had an I/O port on the back used for hooking up a remote walkaround...

Back