Search results

1. S

My N Scale 3x4 layout

Thanks for the reply. I expanded the layout to 3x5 to allow 13" on the outside and 11" on the inside. As for DCC, I've considered many times but it doesn't seem to be as cost efficient. I have a power pack and a loco, so as far as I can tell I need to add another one of each. Which would...
  2. S

My N Scale 3x4 layout

opps I forgot to mention that in the middle of the big green void is where I plan to put a road with stores/buildings, some type of small town
  3. S

My N Scale 3x4 layout

After quite some time researching, planning, reading etc etc I think I've come up with a draft for my layout. It'll be a 3x4, N scale. The intent is for a GO train (Athern Bombardier coaches) to run on the outside track, with a 11" radius. On the inner 9 3/4 track will run the freight, with...
  4. S

Go Transit paint schemes

I don't suppose you know what shade you thinking about? I had a look at their website and didn't see at least from the screen seemed to match
  5. S

Go Transit paint schemes

I want to repaint for myself a loco in GO Transit colours - so does anyone know what would be the best matches to their green, white and yellow trim? Thanks
  6. S

Let's see your police/fire scenes

I didn't get any photos of it, but when on a layout tour recently on of the layouts had a police car setup behind a convertible in a secluded part of the woods with the officer approaching to find a couple......ummm occupying......the back seat. Very well done, probably looks better then I've...
  7. S

When is your LHS open?

The only one in town is open 3 days a week for about 4 hours, but its run out of the owners garage so obviously a part time gig. The next closest is open Tues-Sat 9-5, except Fridays when they are open until 8pm. Its only 20 min away so I can't complain too much since I technically have 2...
  8. S

first layout 4x8

I would have to agree. While I haven't got started on my first layout yet, I have been on these forums picking up tips from those with the experience for when I can get started. One thing for sure, you want the blue or pink foam insulation board not only under your layout but for use for...
  9. S

Newbie with questions

If you are looking for a store to take them into, maybe Modellers Choice on Upper James or Paris Junction in Paris.
  10. S

N Scale PRR 3x4

looks good - nice to see photos of smaller layouts as that's what I'm in the planning stages of designing! keep it up!
  11. S

What loco is this?

thanks for the info!
  12. S

What loco is this?

I picked this up at a train show. After doing some research the road never really had diesels before being incorporated by CN. Canadian Northern 8406. Can anyone shed any light on the road and the loco itself? I'm assuming that it was painted for someone's custom road.
  13. S

Model Railroader magazine Discount

It was too good to be true - they only accept orders to be delivered within the US, no international deliveries i.e. Canada. :(
  14. S

What State do you live in?

Ontario, Canada
  15. S

Coal operation

I found this link that I found useful, it lists industries in different regions, the railways that serviced them and the era's they belonged. All includes what commodtities where used by that industry. http://www.opsig.org/industrydb/ I think either a power plant or a coal flood loader...
  16. S

The BOeC

Awesome photos of an amazing job - well done! :)
  17. S

Coal operation

I'm planning to build a small 2x4 N scale layout. Unfortunatly I didn't start the planning process until after some shopping on Ebay and now I have a number of coal cars. Any suggestions on a relatively modern area layout that I can have some type of coal operation/destination that only...
  18. S

Painting rail/track

Ok newbie question along the same lines - I see alot of people suggesting airbrushing with 2 different colours. So as I look at my track I envision spraying everything. Is there a technique especially with N scale to airbrush paint the ties, then the rail, and not get it on both?
  19. S

No room for a layout----venting

Before you do anything get some professional advice. Laws vary from state to state, province to province. Often while abandonment doesn't proclude you're entitlement during the following proceedings, the lines of ownership become very blurry during seperation. What was "yours" before the...
  20. S

Building/Structures thoughts please

thanks for the advice!

Back