When is your LHS open?

My LHS is open basically from 2:00 PM till about 8:00 PM M-F some Sun & Sat The owner does it part time while holding down a full time job. He is hoping to get it going pretty good by the time he retires. He is also available by appointment. Most of the time if you call him unless he is at work he will tell you come on in. He will answer his phone while at work. He opens at 2 because that is when he gets out of bed. He has unbelievable stock for a part time shop and good prices 20% or more off retail

Last edited by a moderator:
One LHS is 35 min. away. It is in a store 40X40 fully stocked, built attached to his home. The front yard is a restored caboose. He works in a local plant full time and the store hours are 3:30(when he get off) till 9pm. T-F. 10 am - 3pm Sat and noon - 3pm. Sun. He offers 20% off all purchases over $50. 25% off all over $100.

The second in my town is now closed due to his health.
His hours were Noon - 7pm. M-F. He said that is best because no one comes in in the morning during the week but evening is bizzy.
Sat. 9 - noon. He said it was till 4pm but no one came in after noon.
Sun. noon till 3pm and that is when he put on clinics and how too's. Sunday was discount day. 20% off everything in the store and 25% off if you took one of his classes.

The way I look at it. If you have an LHS at all. Don't grump!!!

The only one in town is open 3 days a week for about 4 hours, but its run out of the owners garage so obviously a part time gig.

The next closest is open Tues-Sat 9-5, except Fridays when they are open until 8pm. Its only 20 min away so I can't complain too much since I technically have 2 whereas some towns have none.

Mark Twain Hobby Center

walk-in retail store hours are from 9:30am to 9:00 pm Monday through Saturday

and noon to 4:30 Sunday.

I'm Good :D

Where is this located at? Is it pretty good size store? I am just across the river and might take a drive sometime.

Well, the closest hobby shop to me is Oak Mountain Hobbies in Pelham, about 65 miles away. Their hours are Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun Closed (as are most non-chain stores in Alabama). It's a good shop and the hours aren't bad, but driving 130 miles round-trip means I can't just run up for a bottle of paint. As has been said, be happy if you have a LHS near you at all. :(

Back