Search results

1. GatorDave

Growing Up

I ran across this and got a good laugh from it... not to mention a reality check!:D Enjoy. Dave 25 SIGNS YOU'VE GROWN UP 1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them. 2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question. 3. You keep more food than beer in...
  2. GatorDave

Where have you been all of my life?

The other day I was in Walmart looking for some solder. As I was wandering up the aisle I noticed the butane soldering irons. I thought that these must have some drawbacks... I mean, no cord and fast heat times... must be too good to be true. I took a chance and bought one. The first time I used...
  3. GatorDave

Remember me?

Remember me? (Updated pics) What's up everyone. I have been at a stand still for awhile now. Been extremely busy with work this summer and haven't had much time or energy for modeling. I finally found my motivation and started my benchwork this week and will be working on it more over the...
  4. GatorDave

My new train building

What's up guys(and gals) I logged in and received a message that I hadn't posted in several weeks... so here's a couple of shots of the new train room that I have been building. It's 12'x20'. The track plan is still in the planning stage, but it will be a double decker with a nolix running...
  5. GatorDave

E obsession?

Okay, be honest. Am I getting carried away with the E thing? I have always liked the looks of the E units, especially the E6. Lately, every time I go to the LHS, there sits a new E unit... in Southern Ry of course. And I have to buy it. To make things worse, right now there is another P2K E6...
  6. GatorDave

Whiskers: They're not just for cat's anymore.

While at the LHS yesterday, I purchased a pack of the new "whisker" couplers from Kadee. I love 'em. They center every time and do it smoothly. They also don't seem to stick to one side like the brass centering springs on the #5's do sometimes. I installed them on an P2K E7 that I bought...
  7. GatorDave

Santa came early!

Mrs. Clause brought me an early Christmas gift today. She said she knew how much I wanted it, so I shouldn't have to wait 'til Christmas... which was fine with me. I really like this scheme and it gives a little contrast to my all green and white Southern Ry fleet. Enjoy Broadway...
  8. GatorDave

Great Western and Alantic Show

I recieved an email about this show. It is scheduled for this weekend. I have not heard of this show, but the email came from GATS. Is it the Great American Train Show with a different name, or is it a different show all together? I went to the GATS last year and it was pretty good... I...
  9. GatorDave

A few of my favorite scenes...

These are a few of my favorite scenes from my layout. Hope you like 'em. Dave

Back