Search results

1. T

Passenger car identification help please

While I was in elementary school, we took a class trip from Norwich to Sangerfield on the Susquehanna. I found the locomotive and 2 out of 3 passenger cars. The third one draws a blank for me. It had 2 plush swivel chairs in their own separate compartment. I haven’t found it yet online. Have...
  2. T

3’x4’ or 3 11”x 4’ , what would you do?

I have a 3’x4’ piece of plywood. Thoughts and suggestions on building either size. N scale, DC, solo operation. Branch line of a class 1 railroad. I’m leaning more towards the 3 piece as it would be easier to disassemble if I had to move. But a 1 piece layout also has its merits.
  3. T

Awaiting the next generation of MRRing

Currently sitting in the waiting area awaiting the birth of a grandson. It’s the hurry up and wait game. But you all know that Grandpa is going to be instilling trains…one way or another into his life. Maybe then we can have another generation to keep the hobby going. Will update when I can.
  4. T

Creamer of choice…

My wife got me hooked on Cinna-bon flavored creamer. Otherwise I prefer whole milk. Straight from the bulk tank was the best! So what are your favorite flavors?
  5. T

Other uses for cabooses

I hope I'm not bringing back a old thread. I was curious on what other MRR's have used cabooses for. I know some model when they were still in use. But for those who model the post caboose years, what have you come up with?
  6. T

Ho scale Bachmann U36B help.

I recently received this engine from my neighbor. They knew I have trains so I decided to start an HO layout for my 6 year old twin sons. The motor will not turn, no lights either. Tried with 2 power packs. Track joints were tight on my short test track. Does anyone know if there's a frame that...

Back