Creamer of choice…

10% half + half …
But over the last couple years I have become hooked on these instant coffee packets…

7EE50E31-350A-4B05-A9E5-CB7CDF5ACA5F.jpeg

I've tried and tried to go black. I keep reducing the amount of cream and sugar hoping to someday wean myself off all together.
I’ve found ( for me anyway) that only worked to a certain point. I was a heavy cream and sugar user in the beginning. I have been able to cut it back considerably, but not totally.

Well military time underway in engine rooms and then working Graveyard Shift (11PM-7:30AM) at the bus yard got me hooked. Luckily since retiring I am down to two cups a day.

When I was in the fire department, during cold weather all you got was black coffee. I learned to carry some sugar packets in a ziplock bag inside my turnout coat. At least the styrofoam flavored thick coffee went down a little easier. But did that stuff have some zing to it…it would help warm up your cold feet!

I've tried and tried to go black. I keep reducing the amount of cream and sugar hoping to someday wean myself off all together.
In the 1960's when I started drinking coffee, I was consuming 4-5 cups a day. Each with 2 spoons of
sugar and milk or cream. Then it dawned on me that all that sugar would probably kill me. The cream
or milk made me feel bloated all the time.

I decided to drink it black and went cold turkey. It was absolutely terrible for about a week but
got used to it. Really appreciate a nicely brewed cup of joe. Even drank it black from coffee machines.

Since my heart attack 23 years ago, I don't do caffeine so decaf it is. Doesn't bother me if it gets
cold in the mug-tastes fine that way also.

I think it is an All or Nothing thing. Like smoking, I woke up one morning and there was no milk BUT I'm a coffee addict (my cup is ALWAYS full. It was early and I couldn't be bothered waiting for the nearest shop to open so I had my first cup of black coffee with (probably 6 sugars or something, to prevent the bitter taste,

Eventually, I stopped using sugar as well and wallah Black, No Sugar :)

Back