Search results

1. K

Comidic layout pics

It's time for some laughs. If youve got any comidic pictures from your layout put 'em here. Although, i don't have any very funny, i'm looking forward to seeing some of you guys's pictures.
  2. K

C&O is Hiding From me or Something

Walthers has been out of stock with pretty much every loco i think i like. Hah, anyone know why this is? Second question. I really can't seem to find any C&O GP7s or F7s anywhere! Everywhere i look (Walthers, hobbylinc, ebay) i can't find them! They have standard DC locos but ive upgraded...
  3. K

Amtrak Auto Train

anyone ever ride the Auto Train on the east coast? my grandma is getting to old to drive t oand from florida and my dad suggested the auto train. how is it? it can be as long as it needs to be (my grandma's very patient). costs? service? accomidations? thanks for your replies.
  4. K

Let See Those Pets!

you heard it here! let's see your pet(s). i'll start this off with my loyal companion, Daisy! here she is camping up near Lancaster, PA. it seems shes already sniffing out the area. and here's Daisy (right) with her buddy, Dallas (right) sharing a meal. Dallas by the way, isnt our dog...
  5. K

railroad "game"

i sort of "borrowed" this from another site. but here's the game. i'll start it off by asking a railroad trivia question. then, the next person to answer the question gets to make up another railroad question. here's an example of the game; me Q: The BNSF railroad is comprised of what two...
  6. K

ballasting question...

i'm starting on my new yard i have just built. and i have a question on something sort of minor. i have 3 tracks set up about 2 inches apart (thats all i could do without flex track) and i am wondering doi just continue the ballast gravel to the next track or do i do something else (i.e. scrub...
  7. K

Your Most Horrific Accedent

Well, i just got back from dinner (Monte Cristo...YUM!) but anyways, i thought of a good story telling topic. what was your most horrific crash? what were the damages? how did it happen? give us the details. i want to hear some stories :) i'll give you one of mine. i was using my brand...
  8. K

Grandma's Treasures

Well, it's a lazy rainy day so i took a few photos of my grandma's trains she gave to me about a year ago. the trains are about i'd say 70-75 years old. Remarkably, they just stopped running about 6 months ago. the set is... - A cast iron 0-4-0 steam loco and tender with 'Lionel Lines'...
  9. K

Going to Make a Special Memorial Car

ok, here's the story and plan. We all remember our grandfathers, right? The lazy summer days fishing (in my case being taught how to drive a tractor), stories from back in his day, or back from the war, and you soaking up every word he says like a sponge. The laughs we shared...and then...
  10. K

Did RDCs Use Passenger Cars?

I know the RDC-5 was an additional carrier but did they ever use regular passenger cars? Like standard heavywieghts?
  11. K

is proto a good company?

i know proto is a branch of life like which is a branch of walthers and i was thinking of buying a GP7 with sound & DCC. is this a good idea? ive heard rumors that proto is great and not so great. could really use some input
  12. K

Atlas Quantum Engineer

Ok, if i have the Atlas Quantum Engineer for DC, this means that i can get an engine from lets say Proto and it has sound and DCC and i can have all of the sounds that a normal DCC set up would have? the reason im asking this is because...i have absolutly NO idea about DCC. alls i know is...
  13. K

Question on Which Rolling Stock to Use

I have just a quick question as to which rolling stock piece i should get as a by-product carrier from my industry. Which piece of rolling stock should i use for hauling saw dust, defected pieces of 2x4s and various other pieces? should i use a regular wood-chip car, a covered hopper, or...
  14. K

kinda new to weathering

well, im pretty new to weathering. mostly ive left my cars alone but now i want them to look real. do i hjave to use an airbrush? can i use different colored chalk dusts like white, gray. browns, and others?
  15. K

track cleaning question

i was looking at various track cleaning railroad cars because im pretty much tired of crawing on my layout to clean some spurs. i was looking at the Electrak Clean II to ease my headache. it uses electronic pulses to loosen dirt then i just wipe it with your ordinary track cleaning car. do you...
  16. K

PCM SD7 B&O - quick colour question

i'm looking at the PCM SD7 for the B&O and the print pictures makes it have a brighter blue than i thought it would be. my question is... does it have that colour or is it a blue like the C&O's or the normal B&O blue. here's the website with the prints on them...
  17. K

PCM SD7 B&O - quick colour question

i'm looking at the PCM SD7 for the B&O and the blueprint pictures makes it have a bright blue. my question is... does it have that bright colour or is it a blue like the C&O's or the normal B&O blue.

Back