Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, howdy there whisk(e)y drinking peeps.

It's troy again

I got one of three things accomplished today. Two others in process.

One would be finished except, when filling out King Chuck's tax-man forms (I'm in the US, but have to pay taxes to HMRC if I sell ebooks in country) I discovered a tricksy question... No, not what does the hobbits have in its pocket...

So I had to email the service that takes care of my international taxes for the EU and UK to get an answer. They're in the Netherlands, so I won't expect an answer until about 4 am US-Eastern time.

After that I can email the British tax folks with their questionnaire and supporting documents.

Wife made a bit in the stocks and options market today, so she wanted Ice Cream with dinner. We went to culvers. I wasn't going to argue.

View attachment 184574

And, I did get registered for the author conference down in Tampa.

What happens at the conference stays at the conference...

View attachment 184575
I love me a Concrete Mixer!

Greetings fellow Lionel Fans along with "Green Jeans Willie"!

Once again it is 47 degrees and looking for another 75 (Yipee) later with clear and sunny!

So many posts in just one day! Told my Spouse a few days that when I go I wanted her to throw me out somewhere in Death Valley! At least I will finally be warm. She and the daughter keep the place so cold that I have to wear a jacket in the house -- both suffer from hot flashes and I am on massive blood thinners - a poor combination.

MO TOM; I would love your round & round layout - love to just sit and watch a train run!
From whence did you get those two lovey bridges - wow!

CURT - hang in there .. you have my prayers on all fronts. I had to eventually tell my Mom (who always wanted to tag along) that wife and I just needed some time to ourselves away from the kids too. Her reply was, "Well I just don't understand" ... my farther said, "Ama, let them have some time together"! He came out here and lived with us for 10-11 months after mom passed - he just wanted to go back to "his" home. I arranged for someone to look after him for 10 hours a day. He passed 4 months after going "home" - just took a nap and did not wake up. I know your feelings and at times I fully understand the flustration of having someone underfoot every minute of every day ... it's exhausting!

DAVID - Prayers for Dawn that the results will be to your liking!

KARL - Chicken soup (without noodles) my favorite -- Easy on the back - get well!

More later - have another medical appointment to make.

Well howdy there internet peeps and those with chainsaws

It's Troy again.

WILLIE: Made me wonder when you talked about the dermatologist and then showed a chainsaw pic... how deep did he have to go? ;)

Made my chili this morning. Nope, it's not the Chili-meat sauce of Texas. And my wife will make me put pasta in it later. Thought of adding some beef broth to make it soupy, but you know... why complicate a good recipe. :)

Used mostly store bought ground chili powder, but did about 1/2 tsp of Ancho chili powder, some smoked paprika, and the usuals of red pepper flakes, fennel seed, black pepper, oregano along with the bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef and pork.

432739058_18025670143971798_6447145943256001205_n.jpg

Got the form off to His Majesty's tax men. We'll see if I need to send them more stuff, or if they just deny it outright.

gotta call the resort in Tampa where the author convention is. they haven't charged my credit card yet. Got to make sure I have a room.

Good morning to the spellers, drinkers, Culver enjoyers and authors who model. Wisconsin weather starting in the overnight (1am) is turning nasty!
IMG_4924.png

Meanwhile, it is 26f degrees, it feels like 21 and only heading to 40. I did not put away the snow removal equipment but I do have to put the ice scraper/brush back in my car.

Mamma Mia is the musical tonight at 7:30pm and including the intermission is 2 hours and 40 minutes I will not get back. Hopefully the weather guessers are correct about the time the snow starts flying. The only time I wear leather dress shoes is going to the theater and funerals. Snow and those shoes don’t mix well

Today is less on the internet and a no weathering day. I will be off in 45 minutes to a morning op session but 1st a stop at the 1 day soda sale at one of the local grocery stores. Pepsi only. Buy 6 packs of 16.9ounce bottles. Buy 3 get 4 free. Averages out to $2.47 per 6 pack. Not a digital coupon thing but limit of one per visit. On the way home from the op session I will stop again at the soda sale. Must buy $5.00 of non sale items, I can handle that!

enjoy the day

I did some minor pruning of the Hackberry trees along the front of the property; I cut the new low-hanging branches that swat me while mowing. I did that for as long as the two batteries held out in my little 6" hand-held chainsaw. That's been a real convenient tool since I got it last year.
Yeah those things are handy. I bought (not at the ame time) 3 of the 4" versions to cut foam channels for wiring in the house. One I burned out by accident. I need to replace the chains and I'll be able to use them around the house for things like pruning and stuff. (Cuttong foam and brushing against the concrete dulls the chains).

Mine were green and red but basically the same thing and all use the same battery. Like the factory makes them for whatever China company wants them.

I told my son when I die, I want to be cremated, and have a burial at sea--be sure to flush twice.
we agreed cremated cheap box no expensive box for a couple of hours max and no all you can eat buffet for people who only turn out for what might be up for grabs I would miss him loads but can live quite happily with no company if I go first he is in deep do dah he hates being alone we agreed paying a prozzie will be cheaper than someone who marries him for a marriage settlement but he will need to do what’s best for him I suspect he will need someone to keep him company and teach him how to work the washing machine dishwasher cooker hob and how to weigh calories sniggers he can work the kettle and cook a steak not too hot and watching more than one dish but then I prefer cooking alone so that works for me lol when we argue I sulk no matter who is at fault and he always comes makes up as though nothing happened if people saw us shouting they would run for cover but we are all talk I mean shout and it clears the air so works for us every marriage is different
hell he can use my ashes on the railway for a coal slag laughs
hang on going to go tell him that it will make him laugh
laters…….

Greetings fellow Lionel Fans along with "Green Jeans Willie"!

Once again it is 47 degrees and looking for another 75 (Yipee) later with clear and sunny!

So many posts in just one day! Told my Spouse a few days that when I go I wanted her to throw me out somewhere in Death Valley! At least I will finally be warm. She and the daughter keep the place so cold that I have to wear a jacket in the house -- both suffer from hot flashes and I am on massive blood thinners - a poor combination.

MO TOM; I would love your round & round layout - love to just sit and watch a train run!
From whence did you get those two lovey bridges - wow!

CURT - hang in there .. you have my prayers on all fronts. I had to eventually tell my Mom (who always wanted to tag along) that wife and I just needed some time to ourselves away from the kids too. Her reply was, "Well I just don't understand" ... my farther said, "Ama, let them have some time together"! He came out here and lived with us for 10-11 months after mom passed - he just wanted to go back to "his" home. I arranged for someone to look after him for 10 hours a day. He passed 4 months after going "home" - just took a nap and did not wake up. I know your feelings and at times I fully understand the flustration of having someone underfoot every minute of every day ... it's exhausting!

DAVID - Prayers for Dawn that the results will be to your liking!

KARL - Chicken soup (without noodles) my favorite -- Easy on the back - get well!

More later - have another medical appointment to make.
G'day Sirfoldalot,

There is definitely something very relaxing along with pleasing whilst watching trains travel 'round 'n
'round a layout.

Bridges are Lionel Fastrack and I "found" them on the LionelStore web site but purchased them from Amazon (free shipping) plus I was able to apply some of my "points" toward the balance.

Lionel Fastrack Extended Truss Bridge (30')(682110)

This item: Lionel Fastrack Extended Truss Bridge (30')(682110)
$311.00

Bought two (02) of 'em and now have easy access to what would have been inaccessible places. On the pricy side, but most times money is not the deciding factor - although for many decades it surely was. I am fully retired with the "end in sight - metaphorically" and firmly believe in "You can't take it with you."

Cheers from Tom in Missouri

Good afternoon all. A late Afternoon Tea please, Flo.

Thanks guys for prayers and good wishes etc. for Dawn. They worked.

Apparently it is now a practice for our doctors here to warn people that whatever they have wrong could turn to cancer. Dawn has enough challenges without mentioning that. Anyway, she has the same challenges as before plus a sore throat due to the CPAP machine. More medicine and 'sent home'. We can live with that. :).

I'll have the tea now.

Back later.

G'day Sirfoldalot,

There is definitely something very relaxing along with pleasing whilst watching trains travel 'round 'n
'round a layout.

Bridges are Lionel Fastrack and I "found" them on the LionelStore web site but purchased them from Amazon (free shipping) plus I was able to apply some of my "points" toward the balance.

Lionel Fastrack Extended Truss Bridge (30')(682110)')(682110)

This item: Lionel Fastrack Extended Truss Bridge (30')(682110)
$311.00

Bought two (02) of 'em and now have easy access to what would have been inaccessible places. On the pricy side, but most times money is not the deciding factor - although for many decades it surely was. I am fully retired with the "end in sight - metaphorically" and firmly believe in "You can't take it with you."

Cheers from Tom in Missouri
Beautiful looking bridge! They will look great on a layout.

Be sure to show us pictures when you receive them. Do they come fully assembled, or are they a kit? I'm not really familiar with O gauge items.

Morning folks

It was still nice out at 3:00 am when I took the canine stroll, a dusting of new snow at 6:30 am and a couple more inches now with the temperature continuing to drop. Currently 27F.

In my younger days, I consumed way more than my portion of beer and no small amount of whiskey-whatever way you spell it. I rarely partake in a beer these days and the whiskey consumption is nil. There are quit a few unopened 50 year old bottles of 25 year single malts residing in the liquor cabinet. I still enjoy a glass of red wire with dinner, cabernet, merlot, or zin but that's the extent of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back