Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good (early) evening all. The sun is shining through the cloud. A strong breeze still blowing. Dawn stayed in bed this morning. It has helped her as now she is feeling good.

Yes, our younger granddaughter is staying at our house this weekend. She has 'got her way'. I knew not to get involved. :)

Time to go to the train room.

It takes almost nothing to renew it, i'd keep it. Just in case for winter snow you can always do a part time gig snow plow driving. Not sure how it is in your state, but in Pennsylvania there are lit up signs every winter which invite CDL holders to drive salt and plow trucks in their respective areas.
I will always keep my CDL, I just have to renew because it expires in May. In Illinois if you don't get into any accidents or get any traffic tickets you don't have to do anything but re-new it.

And of course "PAY" the man!

Too much hassle to go back and get it again if you let it lapse.

Good (early) evening all. The sun is shining through the cloud. A strong breeze still blowing. Dawn stayed in bed this morning. It has helped her as now she is feeling good.

Yes, our younger granddaughter is staying at our house this weekend. She has 'got her way'. I knew not to get involved. :)

Time to go to the train room.
Glad to know Dawn is feeling good.
Good to see the granddaughter is visiting.
Snap a pic or two from the train room.
I always enjoy seeing the sights of layouts.

Once the painting begins it won't be long!

I was thinking the same thing, but I've painted a few hundred apartments.

In fairness, I've never seen a homeowner painting who didn't have paint on them.
You should see me paint! I have more on me and everywhere else than I get on the wall.

I hate painting the most on home improvement projects. Not because I hate painting, I’m just too messy at it!

It snowed in the night and this morning. Maybe 4". The sun has been alternating shining and not since noon or so and its now high 30s. I guess deeper in the Salt Lake Valley didn't get snow.

Anyway, back to painting today. Didn't get any done yesterday due to day job

Once the painting begins it won't be long!

I was thinking the same thing, but I've painted a few hundred apartments.

In fairness, I've never seen a homeowner painting who didn't have paint on them.
Most of the paint is from wiping fingers and stuff or splatters. Did have a couple spills trying to move sprayer and pail. We've been doing this a month.

The general mist is from praying ceilings. When we were doing the ceilings (priming and the final flat paint) I looked like a ghost afterwards,

In other news, gasoline seems to have jumped about 20 cents. Walmart is $3.19 and other stations are up to $3.39. Last I saw on the weekend Walmart was $2.99 and the other stations between $3.14-3.19

All-American-Bacon-Cheeseburgers_exps48107_TH2379798C03_29_1b_RMS.jpg

Yes Flo, as pictured. Please. :oops: 🤣

Experimenting with a concrete bin block storage are for gravel or coal. Currently untreated walnut shells (zilla desert blend for reptiles from petzoo)

Attachments

• 20240313_121417.jpg
    20240313_121417.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240313_121623.jpg
    20240313_121623.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240313_121638.jpg
    20240313_121638.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240313_121501.jpg
    20240313_121501.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 12
Hey folks -- been quite this afternoon except for calls to/from the immediate family.
The oncologist walked thru the door and said; "I'm afraid that I do not have good news".
The MRI showed multiple spots of cancer in your brain (like more than a dozen). I am loaded with it, and it extends all the way to the GI Tract and it appears aggressive.

Tomorrow morning I have a video conference with the Radiology Dept. The plan of attack is BOTH
Chemo and Radiology. I may become a blithering idiot before long?

I was hoping for a better outcome, but as my dad used to say: "We have to play the cards we are dealt" ... Looks like a 2 and a 7 in my book!

Hey folks -- been quite this afternoon except for calls to/from the immediate family.
The oncologist walked thru the door and said; "I'm afraid that I do not have good news".
The MRI showed multiple spots of cancer in your brain (like more than a dozen). I am loaded with it, and it extends all the way to the GI Tract and it appears aggressive.

Tomorrow morning I have a video conference with the Radiology Dept. The plan of attack is BOTH
Chemo and Radiology. I may become a blithering idiot before long?

I was hoping for a better outcome, but as my dad used to say: "We have to play the cards we are dealt" ... Looks like a 2 and a 7 in my book!
That's rough. I'll keep you in our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back