Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 53F and currently 74F. Another bad night of sleep mainly from the Benadryl. I took a 50 mg dose (allergic reaction dose) and it made me jittery and restless. Today the rash has spread further and is itchier. I'll see how the day and night go then if it doesn't get better, it's to the primary doc I go. Mouth is still pain free.

David- Great job on the cars and layout photos. I'm glad that your grandson willingly helps with Dawn.

Karl- That's funny.

Smudge- Nice videos.

Patrick- Enjoy your time with granddaughter.

George- Looks like fun working on the flooring-Not!

Here are the two hydrocal walls. Looking at the pictures I need to tone down the brown stones. The first photo is the truck side. The second is the rail side.

View attachment 183747

View attachment 183748

I hope everyone has a good night.
Nice weathering.

For those of you eyeing your sweetie's makeup brushes, just ask her to pick you up several. Explain they're all the rage according to the Model Railroad forum... She'll probably pick up a few extras for herself too. Give her an excuse to shop, and you get stuff...

I've not posted a house update for a while. Been trying to get stuff done, with the last month being painting. With the construction loan basically tapped out I've had to paint it myself (with help from family). We've been busy and I hope to almost be done by the end of this weekend, as my nephew in law and maybe my BIL are coming again to help and we can get the high up stuff done. I've gotten a lot of the rest done or partially done. Unfortunately my day job has picked up a little so I don't always get a lot done on some days. We've gotten everything but the train room primed (double coat) and a lot of the rooms painted or partially painted with the main paint but some of the way high up parts not yet.

The train room we have started to prime but it has a wooden beam that I need to mask off and my ladder is not quite tall enough to get up there to mask it off (tall enough to paint with the extension but can't reach to mask). So between that and not yet masking the window we hust primed teh walls in the back 3/4 of the room up to as high as I can reach but none of the roof. Trying to borrow a 11-12' ladder but may have to rent one this week to get the beam masked so we can prime and paint.

We've been spraying the primer with 2 airless sprayers, Graco X7 and a no name Amazon one. I also have 2 power roller attachments and a stand alone power roller from Wagner to do the final coats.

We also have gotten the garage doors installed, the base cabinets and countertops in the kitchen are in, and the solar panels installed (but the power company have not yet swapped meters to the net-meter type of meter).

Also the geothermal "wells" (shafts) have been drilled, finally, about two weeks ago but the trenching and piping to connect them together and to the house have not yet been completed. The pic below shows the tube pipes sticking out of the ground. They are about 235 feet deep each.

I may have posted some of these photos before -- I don't remember.

73034129016__F01458D6-EC48-45C8-8F23-5497CA54C5D3.jpeg73034128200__8C73BC21-2EB8-46E1-9ECE-ECA4627C7E89.jpeg73034127089__D2005F08-1E4A-4F0D-84BB-AFE88D267C87.jpegIMG_4486.jpeg73173459357__4909CF3A-354D-4EE0-82FC-86BD4366F806.jpegIMG_4594.jpegIMG_4592.jpegIMG_4591.jpegIMG_4590.jpegIMG_4589.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back