Recent content by tootnkumin

1. tootnkumin

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Got home Thursday evening, somewhat longer than the mentioned time. The op took longer and wasn't done till the Tuesday arvo. The first valve put in didn't perform properly so had to be removed and replaced, finished up with a Bovine one., encased in an expanded metal mesh frame. Mostly done...
  2. tootnkumin

A catalyst for a catastrophe. Or would the fur be suitable for stringing catenary. (also possibly known as cat and canary.
  3. tootnkumin

Helper sets on the BNSF, MRL Division today
  4. tootnkumin

Thanks Bru'.
  5. tootnkumin

Called the Hospital this morning, that I'm going to on Monday 12th for an Aortic heart valve replacement op to get clear on what I'm expected to take regarding my medications prior to that, no changes needed and I asked about which type I would be getting as I'd been told if it was the metal...
  6. tootnkumin

What's scuttlebutt in RRd lingo?. A bit I saw on a post that the MRL 4300 SD70ACe's will be sold for the reason they are not compliant (presumably in lead positions on a class1 RRd). The 4400's will be repainted into BNSF colors as availability for that happens. So I guess that unofficially...
  7. tootnkumin

Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

On a more sombre note, it was revealed or stated on one of the MRL FB pages that BNSF now owns all of the locos (and presumably rolling stock, Livingston workshops and branch lines that were owned or serviced by MRL) as if it were common knowledge. I challenged that because there has been...
  8. tootnkumin

Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

That sort of Mooning, often dissolves into a lot of moaning, e.g. "My, the Moon is full tonight!"
  9. tootnkumin

Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Is that the same place as Wil. E. gets his stuff. Never worked for him though.
  10. tootnkumin

Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

MRL has begun scrapping locos in Livingston. 3 SD45's and 1 GP9 so far under the torch.
  11. tootnkumin

[H0] A layout inspired from an old Atlas H0 layout

I would suggest that you make, what appears to be 2 crossings, as two overs and unders, as the length of train you can run could be limited to the distance between the two of them on the right hand side otherwise. The wiring of them on the same level might be difficult too. Would add to the...
  12. tootnkumin

Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Just a small update on the last days of MRL. Not sure if I've reported this before but the official time/date for the handover back to BNSF is midnight December 2023/ January 2024. Staff have begun receiving new gear in boxes marked BNSF, MRL Division, so at least the MRL name will still have...
  13. tootnkumin

Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Latest on MRL from BNSF meeting with MRL staff. =AZVl9CAZICYL4Xg9eHBVg7IH8uNzeN_8auN519CtGKMzZu4MaVmxkEoy9ey5BRR33senyjKwV1tYCKd2crVGIQm7bVAW7CKz6O8773GajNF-e1ePhYMmu0cZhi_Zm4ExD2VdH95TbeFB-StvAuDH3hOd70-DsaseFMey_b3PkggwbQ&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R']The Montana Rail Link Railfan Society...
  14. tootnkumin

Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Copied from Railfan & Railroad Magazine. UPDATE: STB Approves MRL Deal, BNSF to Takeover by Year’s End Updated: March 8, 11:00 a.m. MST By Justin Franz Railfans interested in seeing Montana Rail Link before it is taken over by BNSF Railway will likely have one more summer to capture the...
  15. tootnkumin

Running Bear's February 2023 Coffee Shop

I'm Ray, but not a plumber (well, not a registered one) and I can tell you sulfuric acid will do an excellent job of cleaning every last speck of badness from your septic system. Including that which makes it work. It looks like there was the start of an instruction to ingest it as well. That...

Back