Recent content by tootnkumin

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. tootnkumin

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I'll obey instructions this time.
  2. tootnkumin

I won't if you won't. Mum's the word.
  3. tootnkumin

Those rocks! those rocks! bloody fantastic (please excuse the "Oz"). They must be something you've climbed up. Nobody could produce them from their imagination, surely, could they?
  4. tootnkumin

That's OK Jim, from where I'm sitting, it looks 1:1. And it has one of your favorite bridges in it.
  5. tootnkumin

History of All Kinds

I remember a B&W movie with a scene in it, where an old lady lived in an apartment where the "El" passed right by a window. The whole place bumped up and down whenever one went by. Anyone know the name of the Movie? (and yes I can't remember)
  6. tootnkumin

Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Thanks to know my screwball humor finds a home somewhere. Remember though. No-ones safe. No subject's Taboo.
  7. tootnkumin

Ahhh, that explains the "Corny" Avatar.
  8. tootnkumin

It can be arranged for 3:45 AM for a coupl'a thou' if you insist.
  9. tootnkumin

NCE DCC 5240002 PH-PRO-R Wireless 5 amp Starter Set?

I wonder if I should bother to tell the club electrician? Nothing happened when I told him that Auto headlight bulbs (3) weren't recommended for DCC short protection. Altough there are 2 5amp boosters (1 base station and 1 auxilliary booster) for the layout, I've seen those bulbs doing a dance...
  10. tootnkumin

Cab Ride camera equipment help, please

Yeah, I'm like that. "Hmmm, that might come in handy and if I throw it away I'll have to go and buy another one and it might not be as good as this. I'll just put it over there, I'll remember where I put it."
  11. tootnkumin

Is that a cast metal chassis? One of the heaviest of those is a Genesis F45 or the slightly longer FP45, most of the Life Like Protos are heavy too. Plastic wheels pick up crud and get bumpy, so wouldn't advise those.
  12. tootnkumin

Unless you are trying to get the authenticity of the hood being in the view, which I doubt any of those cameras have the focus needed, then mounting on an extra weighted flat car, pushed in front is going to get clarity. I have thought too that if having sprung trucks would help eliminate...
  13. tootnkumin

More likely lightning strikes. Our CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) Did a series of sattelite video recordings of the fires we had last spring and summer (which have already begun again this year) and showed some in a TV program to prove/disprove that that was...
  14. tootnkumin

Today's Funny

If they were smart, they'd say "Call our lawyer for a consultation quote"
  15. tootnkumin

6 axle vs 4 axle locos

Pushers can be problematic (unless using Ring enginerring Rail Pro, where speed matching is automatic and varies according to load) with speed matching so the pusher doesn't excert more push than needed and shoves cars off the track. An extra helper or two at the front can be easier to deal with...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.