Recent content by Smitty49

1. S

Switch Layout Question

I first what to thank everyone for their response to my post concerning Switch Voltage (http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11866) and after some final wiring I've decided I'm not really satisfied with these switches, they seem sloppy and antiquated . Although they...
  2. S

Switch Machine Voltage?

Thanks Steve ,That's what I needed to know. So there should be no voltage drop within the switch when slide in either direction!
  3. S

Switch Machine Voltage?

I have a control turnout switch with power (18v ) going into the switch but can not decipher any voltage coming out of the wire connections going to the turnout. This is an older Atlas turnout control switch and I've changed out the switch with several others to trace a no voltage problem but...
  4. S

Airbrush for a beginner

Ted, I started out years ago with basically the set up you suggested except I purchased this compressor- http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=93657 It's a good setup for anyone wanting to use an airbrush.
  5. S

Airbrush for a beginner

If you have already got the basics of using an airbrush down, then take a look at the Master's air brush line through Air Brush Depot. I use a G23 for most of my hobby use. Air Brush Depot
  6. S

Wish List

What a great find Larry,The pictures your have shown so far are great. Once you get it sorted and shelved, why don't you just take pictures of those items on each shelf ( a shelf at a time ) and set up an Album in the gallery? Might help in not only keeping track of what you have and also what...
  7. S

Scratch Building from a Photo?

Hey Jim,that's a pretty slick tool, you can never have enough tools at hand, especially a tool junkie like myself. It should be pretty weather today so we're going to take a little excursion down to the depot and see what we can come up with. Thanks again for all the response!
  8. S

I want to Thank everyone for their input, I do have access to the building so it looks like a photo trip upcoming. I like the idea of the Stick method painted in different colors. There are several buildings on the site, the one in the picture was built in 1860 by the Memphis & Charleston...
  9. S

For those of you who scratch build their buildings and structures , what procedure do you use to convert the dimensions of a building that all you have is a picture of the building to work from. Do you pen and paper it to scale or do you use a drafting Program. I appreciate any and all input!
  10. S

Modular Layout Assembly

Align both modules together in their perspective positions being sure they're level ( most important) then as advised, clamp them with C-Clamps. Use a simple Doweling Jig to drill through both module substructures . A doweling jig aligns the hole to be drilled at the correct 90º angle to the...
  11. S

Structure Blueprints or Plans

From what research through Google I've done , there are not any that I 've found do far. There are though scale converters links this one that will convert your full size building dimensions to the scale you need.
  12. S

My First Model Railroad Project

I think you've found your niche, very nicely done. I can't wait to see when you get to your full size layout. I'm far from being any where near to starting on my scenery nor anywhere in the caliber you show. Great work!!
  13. S

Show your storage solutions

Since most of us are into modeling and woodworking is part of it, I make most of my own displays, the rest of the stock get stored in plastic container similar to what already been mentioned.
  14. S

Turntable designs!

Thanks for the reply and Files Jon. I think I've got the same Drawing in 'G' Scale but I downloaded it to have a comparison, the Turntable PDF will help alot. I'm compiling quite a lot of information for my current construction build so it may be a while before this section gets a go-ahead but...
  15. S

Turntable designs!

I really haven't found exactly what I'm looking for as yet, found a few drawings which like you may have to down size one of them but if you've got the link or plan you used handy, I'd appreciate if you'd let me borrow it. Sure enjoyed the link to your mining layout, the turn-around looks...

Back