Turntable designs!

Smitty49

I was looking for designs and builders plans of the Gallows Turntable and ran across this article that I thought was very interesting. Don't know if this is the correct forum for this type of starter thread but maybe someone will find it useful.

Corkscrew Turntable

Smitty - did you find your plans? I got a set from the California RR Museum. Could probably find them if you are still looking.
I used an N scale pit and scratch built the bridge from the plans and reverse engineered drawings.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8333
I really haven't found exactly what I'm looking for as yet, found a few drawings which like you may have to down size one of them but if you've got the link or plan you used handy, I'd appreciate if you'd let me borrow it.

Sure enjoyed the link to your mining layout, the turn-around looks great in it!!

Here is a PDF of the overall bridge. I built up the supporting structure with beams and plates to fit my N scale pit. This might give you some ideas. Be sure to post pix.
I also have a couple tif files of the California tt - the files are 2 & 4MB, too large for this forum. Let me know through IM if you want them, also.
Regards,
Jon

Here is a PDF of the overall bridge. I built up the supporting structure with beams and plates to fit my N scale pit. This might give you some ideas. Be sure to post pix.
I also have a couple tif files of the California tt - the files are 2 & 4MB, too large for this forum. Let me know through IM if you want them, also.
Regards,
Jon
Thanks for the reply and Files Jon. I think I've got the same Drawing in 'G' Scale but I downloaded it to have a comparison, the Turntable PDF will help alot. I'm compiling quite a lot of information for my current construction build so it may be a while before this section gets a go-ahead but we'll keep in touch.
Thanks again,
Smitty CES&C

Back