Recent content by NYO&W

1. NYO&W

Mounting Trucks on N Scale chassis – Help Needed

Thanks for the feedback, MRLdave. Yes this will be static. I may motorize it later.
  2. NYO&W

Thanks, Glen. I hadn't thought about bolster pins. BTW, to keep it simple, I will not actually be motorizing the model at this point, just making it look like one. The attached photos show how the motorized version differs from the cars that trail it. (Photos are courtesy of lirrhistory.com...
  3. NYO&W

The LIRR MP-54 Project: This is my first attempt at building a kit in N Scale. The prototype was used on the long gone Whitestone Branch of the Long Island Railroad, a portion of which I will be modeling. Paint scheme will be PRR Tuscan Red with black roof and chassis. They were run as...
  4. NYO&W

Lionel 4-4-0 General tender

Sounds like a fine use for a living room to me! :D
  5. NYO&W

Lionel 6111 Faltcar

The flatcar is looking good, Dub!
  6. NYO&W

Lionel 4-4-0 General tender

Hey, Kelly. Nice carpet layout and I love the videos!
  7. NYO&W

N Scale Test Car

Additonal Info Here is some additional info I found from Micro-Trains when I bought my B&O test car: "...Since the railroads' revenues were dependent on the correct measurement of loaded cars, great emphasis was placed on proper maintenance of the scales. The scale test cars were used to...
  8. NYO&W

Too far Gone? 1682 Lionel

Too bad there is no way to replicate that lithograph look.
  9. NYO&W

running an engine after 29 years

I basically treat it the same as a new loco I'm breaking in...I run it forward and reverse many times, with many stops, and varying speeds, starting with short distances in each direction and getting progressively longer. Don't know if this is the best way but it seems to work for me.
  10. NYO&W

POLL: New "N" Scale Power

How about a Baldwin 2-6-2 Tank Engine a.k.a. 'ping pong' engine, either the Jersey Central variation or a LIRR Class S51?... ...or powered and un-powered NYC Subway cars (R17, R21, or R22). They make them in HO scale.
  11. NYO&W

running an engine after 29 years

Great question, knorrmlmotive. I was wondering that myself. I'm learning alot from everyone's responses as well.
  12. NYO&W

Uncoupling tools

I keep a Rix Uncoupling Tool at each end of my layout. I also have rerailers around my layout, but keep a Rix Rail It nearby for rerailing in those oddball locations. They're both cheap and simple to use.
  13. NYO&W

N scale vehicles

Nice! Nice work...I like it!
  14. NYO&W

POLL: New "N" Scale Power

Camelback Steam Locomotive A Camelback steam locomotive in any wheel configuration would be much appreciated.
  15. NYO&W

What State do you live in?

Bethel, Connecticut Bethel, CT...just across the New York State border.

Back