POLL: New "N" Scale Power

rock4329

What new locomotives would you MOST like to see produced, that isn't available now??

My Choices are:

An ATLAS S2!!! The H.O. ones were AWESOME!!!

A "N" MP15AC.

A SD38-2

Most of the G>E> u-boat and -7 loco's.

Those are my picks, What's yours???

N scale STILL doesn't have a 4-6-0, even though virtually every RR owned at least 1, and smaller engines have been made so size isn't the problem. Can't quite figure it out........you'd think a loco with such wide usage by the prototype would be an obvious choice for a model, especially when we have other loco's done that were only owned by 1 RR (N&W J class for example) or there was only 1 loco ever built (NYC jet loco). Guess the fact that they could sell scads of a rather mundane loco isn't a good enough reason to tool one up when you could have a flash in a pan loco like the jet loco, huh?

We still don't have a Russian 2-10-0 decapod either, but I guess the same reasoning applies here too.

USRA 0-8-0
A good USRA 2-10-2.
Generic modern 4-6-0
Generic 4-6-4 or 4-8-4

Need Spectrum or Kato quality. DCC access for motor and lights in tender. Needs to pull like an old Atlas/Rivarosi/ConCor. Working knuckle couplers on pilot and tender. Working backup light

Glenn

For the steam era, Box cab loco motives! If'n it wern't for the B mann Doodle bug I wouldn't have one! also would like to see just power chassis for such locomotive projects, I hate to waist or pay for a shell i'm not going to use!

An MP15AC,SW1500,and an SD40-2 early version with the short fuel tank for Milwaukee Road and the other versions for all the other railroads,like Rock Island,C&NW,UP,BN,Conrail,and all the other railroads that owned them.

also a good running 0-4-0 and 0-6-0 switchers as well as some better running trolleys! Also I would like to see b-mann retool the doodle bug, I like mine just wish it ran better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Camelback Steam Locomotive

A Camelback steam locomotive in any wheel configuration would be much appreciated.

OK, Wig-Wag Trains is listing an anticipated release of a Bmann 4-6-0 & a Russian 2-10-0. Anyone know anything more about this? I know Bmann was talking about the decapod a couple of years ago, but they shelved it. Is it back on? The Email they reference for the 4-6-0 is from 2003, but I think this listing is new. I don't remember seeing it before.

Maybe I will get my wish after all?

OK, Wig-Wag Trains is listing an anticipated release of a Bmann 4-6-0 & a Russian 2-10-0. Anyone know anything more about this? I know Bmann was talking about the decapod a couple of years ago, but they shelved it. Is it back on? The Email they reference for the 4-6-0 is from 2003, but I think this listing is new. I don't remember seeing it before.

Maybe I will get my wish after all?

On that note it would be nice if B-Mann would retool their whole steam line up from the 0-4-0 up also........To B-Mann if anyone is listening, "Retool and bring back the Doodle bug and may be while your at it produce some Box cabs too!"

On that note it would be nice if B-Mann would retool their whole steam line up from the 0-4-0 up also........To B-Mann if anyone is listening, "Retool and bring back the Doodle bug and may be while your at it produce some Box cabs too!"

Oh man! Now you're going off the deep end!

It would be pretty sweet though!

Oh man! Now you're going off the deep end!

It would be pretty sweet though!

I don't know B-Mann offers most of the wheel arangements we need they just lack performance! B-mann can be a major threat and player in N scale to Kato and Atlas if they just pushed the issue!...... I liked their 0-6-0's and 0-4-0's they looked good enough for the 3' rule just they ran like crap! I got a little LL 0-6-0T that runs good not great mind you but good......even that could be made to run better if it had a better motor and a little more weight....

To B-Mann, To make money you must spend money! Make it right the first time, and they will fly of the shelves!

I don't know B-Mann offers most of the wheel arangements we need they just lack performance! B-mann can be a major threat and player in N scale to Kato and Atlas if they just pushed the issue!...... I liked their 0-6-0's and 0-4-0's they looked good enough for the 3' rule just they ran like crap! I got a little LL 0-6-0T that runs good not great mind you but good......even that could be made to run better if it had a better motor and a little more weight....

To B-Mann, To make money you must spend money! Make it right the first time, and they will fly of the shelves!

The Spectrum stuff (steamers anyways) is pretty darn good. I have most of them and I think the 2-8-0 is better then the Kato Mikado out of the box. Add the traction tire upgrade to the Mikado and it's a bit better then the Connie, but not by a lot. That 2-8-0 is a sweet runner. The Light Mountain isn't bad either, but to get it to pull well you do have to shim the axle block under the traction tired wheels, and thats a bit more then many would care to do for a $100+ dollar loco (New Retail).

As for the Standard line Bmann stuff, the 4-8-4 Northern mechanism has been vastly upgraded, and so has the 0-6-0 / 2-6-2 mechanism. They run pretty darn good. You have to get the ones with the blackened drivers to get the new ones. The shells are still the same old shells, and they could stand some work, but I guess thats what seperates the standard line from the spectrums. Besides, a little superdetailing, and you're in business.

So, anybody heard if those rumors are true from Bmann?

Until I see a pic of a working model prototype at a MRR trade show or a full blown ad in MRR.....Rumors....thats all they are rumors....Just keep on walking nothing to see here!;) Like I said I'll just keep hoping that they redo the 0-4-0 and 0-6-0.....we can use some small switchers!

I'd be happy if they just did the current engines in Milwaukee Road......starting with the steamers and working forward. A 10 wheeler would be nice (in Milwaukee Road of course) as would some boxcabs, Bipolars and Lil' Joes.

Back