Recent content by majordad

1. M

Out Building dedicated to my Model Train.

The floor, roof, and gabled ends will all have the expandable foam insulation. I will insulate the walls. It won’t take much to heat it. Cooling it is another matter. I am thinking a ceiling fan could make a huge difference. It will have a steel exterior entrance door (opens into the bldg)...
  2. M

I actually have considered putting the stuff in the basement in the new building and, putting my trains in 1/2 of the basement. I have never taught my wife how to use a gun. She has never needed to use a gun but, I think there have been occasions when she would have strongly considered it...
  3. M

Me too!! At the end of the day, if all else fails, I enjoy watching the trains. I enjoy painting the backdrop, making trees, creating landscape (I use my wife’s used dryer sheets dipped in wallpaper paste), and just being a bit creative with whatever. I love this hobby but, “Running the...
  4. M

10' x 16' Train Building

I am still very undecided about what to do. I have never had this much space for my trains. A 16' x 10' building is so much more than I ever dreamed......I am seriously considering a 4' x 8' on casters for starters. I could play around with the trains and different ideas before I start to...
  5. M

10' x 16' Train Building

The radius at the ends of the U, or wherever the trains make the “turn-around”. I have never had space like this.
  6. M

10' x 16' Train Building

First of all, I own "N Scale". I haven't ordered it but, I have the pad ready for the building. It will be 10' x 16' with a 36" exterior door w/windows in door. I am not sure I am going to have any other windows. A regular double hung will interfere with benchwork. I am going to have plenty...
  7. M

Meet Murphy, MY new (?) revived FM C-Liner

Rivarossi Motor I don't have to correct motor. So, I need to either retrofit the motor or do the impossible and find an original motor. I would like to get it back in service, and I think I can. It is more about the challenge of getting it going than anything else. I found a fellow that...
  8. M

Mine is a Pennsylvania Railroad....Tuscon Red
  9. M

I am brand new to N Scale. I bought this in a box of junk a few years ago thinking that I might get into N Scale some time later. I owned American Flyer and sold all that stuff and started my first N Scale layout last year. It is slowly coming along. Anyway, I would like to get this thing...
  10. M

I don't see any numbers on the nose. I have the clear plastic pieces that snap in. The headlamp lens and number board are on the same piece of plastic.
  11. M

FM C-Liner I have an Atlas/Rivarossi FM C-Liner. It is in parts at this time but, I have most of what I need. However, I think there is one part that I don't have and I thought I would ask you. There must be a bracket that holds the motor down to the frame. I don't have that bracket. Do...
  12. M

First N Scale Layout

I found an article written by Walthers titled "Engine Servicing Facility" that I think addresses the subject fairly well. I would like to make a drawing and then scan it in for everybody to scrutinize and give me their thoughts. I will work on it some tonight and tomorrow.
  13. M

New N Scaler/New Member

Bob, I am wanting to model an engine terminal/yard. I have been surfing the net looking for information that will give me the components of an engine terminal. Reference has been made to powersteamguy and that he might have the necessary information or knows where to find it. Are you the...
  14. M

New N Scaler/New Member

Thanks....I need a lot of help. I am enjoying the challenge.
  15. M

First N Scale Layout

I am a brand new member to the forum. I am also new (2 months) to N Scale. I have owned the stuff for about 10 years but, it has been in boxes all that time. I have built my bench work. It is a backwards L. The short leg of the L is a 3'x4' area and the long leg is 8'x30". I have room...

Back