Recent content by Jess Red Horse

1. J

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

I served Hello, I spent 6 years (4 active & 2 reserve) as an MP, 12th Bt. D. Co. I was assigned to MPR (Military Personel recovery), tracing and apprehending AWOLs and Deserters. Being on the road too much cost me my first marriage wich was a lot too sacrifice but Hey, some one had to do...
  2. J

Greetings from Jess Red Horse.

This is a long over due HOWDY too all my MRRing friends.:o I'm sorry that I've been away from the boards for so long but with all I have to do before the nasty New England Winter sets in I'm surprised that I have time to blink:eek:. I went to run my trains for the first time since I put in...
  3. J

Brick Work

Bricks! Nice work here, and thanks for the link!
  4. J

1/87th Vehicles

What a great idea!!! I'll have to look for some powered track vehicals to convert like this. What a neat idea you have here, very insperational!
  5. J

Havasu train club

I lived in Havasu for a year in 1990 Greetings Mac, I once lived in Havasu while taking part in a cultural exchange program with the Havasupi people and rented a place in Havasu City. While I was there I fell in love with the town and wish that I could live back there. I told myself that I...
  6. J

Pics of my latest idea.

Partrage family bus I found that one at a yard sale, a kid picked it up just as I saw it and his mother told him too put it back so he did but wasn't happy about it so I picked it up and went too pay for it, as I was walking back too my car I heard the Mother say too her son... "Well OK go...
  7. J

Do you remember 9/11?

On that fateful day I was on Mnt Cranmore in New Hampshire helping too ready the ski resort for the coming season. We had a little radio on in the office and when I heard that all the flights in the USA were ordered on the ground I went outside, I took the lift up too the top of the mountain...
  8. J

Pics of my latest idea.

I had a bit of a problem with my layout design and this I discovered after the layout was built, I found I needed more road surfaces to be able to display the growing collection of HO scale autos I have, when I put a lot of them on the layout it gave the feeling that the town was being over run...
  9. J

How to hide wires on/under laytout?

There are a few things I can suggest, 1) Cut a thin piece of wood and angle it from the outside edge of the layout base down on an angle too the wall this should hide the wires anbd everything else under the shelf layout. 2) A long section of black plastic screen stapled in a loose hanging...
  10. J

At what point is what your building good enough for you?

tiny details Your work looks good, well planed and neat, if it is important too you that you get all your structures looking as real as possible than it is worth every second you spend on it, after all you will know what has gone into the making of your layout. I guess talent would Also...
  11. J

Alabama - or, How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Wow what a great bunch of folks you met there and great pics!
  12. J

At what point is what your building good enough for you? part 2

I took a kind of different approach with my two Grandsons, when they would come over for a few days I would explain too them that they were going to play with the trains but first we had a little work too do. I would have them helping me in different ways and all the time telling them that if...
  13. J

My new industry

WOW this is impressive, who couldn't fall in love with that set up. Who makes the Kits you used in this pic? Outstanding work here, thanks for letting us see this. Jess Red Horse.
  14. J

A few pics of my "completed" layout!!!

I like to keep my town safe from the evil doers of the HO world;) , a big police force helps in keeping the Bad guys from running amuck of my layout AND I watch way too many reality Cop shows:eek: !!! There is some profiling going on here, anyone with a smile on their face :D gets pulled over...
  15. J

A few pics of my "completed" layout!!!

Ok, so I'm told no layout is completed "EVER" so I'll just post these anyway, there are some day and night shots of my little town of Black Rock, MN. I had too add a little humor to my layout with this tribute to the old 1960s series Bat Man, here is a shot of the Bat Mobile exiting the Bat...

Back