A few pics of my "completed" layout!!!

Jess Red Horse

Friendly Indian!
Ok, so I'm told no layout is completed "EVER" so I'll just post these anyway, there are some day and night shots of my little town of Black Rock, MN.

I had too add a little humor to my layout with this tribute to the old 1960s series Bat Man, here is a shot of the Bat Mobile exiting the Bat cave,
CompletedBlackrockNSBatmobileAAAAA.jpg

Here I conbined two of my Hobbies, scratch building a bill board that depicts a Custom Van show in HO.
CompletedBlackrockNSBillboard.jpg

My Atlas War Bonnet F-7,
CompletedBlackRockNSWarbonnet.jpg

Here is a pic of my Hobo and a biker meeting on the cliffs of Dancing Willow Pass, and the 2nd shot is the same scene at night with the working camp fire.
CompletedBlackrockDsBikerandhoboonh.jpg

CompletedBlackrockNSHoboandBikerBes.jpg

This is the whole 4X8 layout lit up,
CompletedBlackrockNSfulllayoutwcont.jpg

Tribal Police stop too check out a load from an old Pick up driver,
CompletedBlackrockNSVeggystandcopca.jpg

heres where the teenagers and their Hot rods hang out at the Shashone Diner,
CompletedBlackrockNSDinnerwstarsBes.jpg

The Bone Crusher is pulled over again,
CompletedBlackrockNSCopspulloverHot.jpg

The Pipe stone Quarry is lit up at night in red to keep planes from hitting the elevator tower,
CompletedBlackrockNSQuarrytowerAAA.jpg

Good help at the quarry is hard to come by but hiring out of work actors from the 60's seems to pay off.
CompletedBlackrockNSRobotatquarryBe.jpg

Another look at the Quarry,
CompletedBlackrockNSRightside1.jpg

Here is the custom car and bike dealership,
CompletedBlackRockDSBikestoreAAAA.jpg

My Santa Fe fleet, Athearn, Atlas and Bachmanns reporting for service!
CompletedBlackRockDSall4locosBestAA.jpg

Pay no attention to the toxic waste being loaded for parts unknown,
CompletedBlackRockDSLoadingdocsBest.jpg

A shot of the military museum on "Kids Day",
CompletedBlackRockDSMuseumBest.jpg

Well thats it for now, I have many more pics but don't want to hog the forum!
Hope you enjoy my work, and one last pic, this is where my skills were at just 5 months ago...:eek:
HO080.jpg

I used card board for the bench surface, what a goof ball....:eek: after much advice things got better!!!

Hi Jess Red Horse,

Great pics of the layout. Some very interesting vehicles you have there, makes for some cool scenes. I hope the pick-up is just carrying scrub-brush!!
Thanks for sharing!

Johnny

Good work,
On the last pic, is that cardboard that the scenery is painted on? very interesting idea if it is. You could almost have exchangable scenery.

At first I was skeptical, but these photos really prove that you had a LOT of fun completing this layout! Plenty of requisite movie and cultural references, hotwheels galore and plastic army, could anybody ask for a more fun layout?

LOL, Jess, I like the Ghostbusters ambulance. You've done a real nice job combining some good modeling with some fun stuff too, something a lot of us don't do very often. Can't wait to see what come out of your creative mind next.

Jess,
What's u with everyone getting pulled over? Your cops are going to make people move and give your PD a bad rap or your town is full of wrong doers!LOL's BTW Love the layout!

Jess,
It definitely looks like you had fun building that layout--lots of interesting and funny scenes. I especially like the military post. Kudos for you for enjoying yourself and making such an interesting layout.

Jess,
What's up with everyone getting pulled over? Your cops are going to make people move and give your PD a bad rap or your town is full of wrong doers! LOL’s BTW Love the layout!

I like to keep my town safe from the evil doers of the HO world;) , a big police force helps in keeping the Bad guys from running amuck of my layout AND I watch way too many reality Cop shows:eek: !!!

There is some profiling going on here, anyone with a smile on their face :D gets pulled over because we all know that a person smiling is usually up too something!:eek:

Don't worry, when the dough Nut shop is completed all the cops will be parked there giving the good citizens of Black Rock a break;) .

At first I was skeptical, but these photos really prove that you had a LOT of fun completing this layout! Plenty of requisite movie and cultural references, hot wheels galore and plastic army, could anybody ask for a more fun layout?

The bad part about using cultural icons is that I must stay current with the times, so now I'll have to repaint all my military vehicles in the Russian theme:mad: !

Nice to see someone taking the mantra seriously.

Model Railroads are fun!!! :D :D :D

If it stops being fun I'll be looking for a new hobby:cool: but I don't see that happening anytime soon, I'm probably thought of as a clown :p by some of the more serious builders here but hey, but in the end I'm the one who has too live with my results:rolleyes: .

I had so much fun during this layout build that the time just flew by, the next thing I knew it was done and I was left wanting more too build :confused: .

My oldest Grandson is so interested in the hobby and he needs something to look forward too, his Dad is in a "band" and doesn't spend anytime with his son so It is up too me to give him the guidance he needs while growing up;) ; he loves his time with his Grandpa (Tunkashila) in our native language.

He tells his friends that he can't wait to go too his Grand Fathers to build and play with the train town, he has some nice ideas of how he wants HIS layout to look and unfortunately he is moved around so much that I don't see him having a permanent layout anytime soon:( .

I have sent a whole train system with him that is a small oval with power and his little 0-6-0 steam loco so that he can set it up on any floor and this keeps his interest:D , I love making these memories with him and I think he is learning some good values by his active interest in this hobby that we share ;) .

How many hobbies can be enjoyed by all ages :) ?

Well I'm off to give him a call and see when I can get him here again, my wife tells me that I'm a good male role model for him and this is what he needs the most right now, I will keep trying to get his father to show some interest in the boy :( .

Be well and as usual I got long winded but thanks for being patient with me:eek: .
Jess Red Horse of the "Grateful to have a hobby" Tribe!

Back