Recent content by fsm1000

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. F

Checklists for layout planning

One, I was not offended, just explaining why they are not on my list of "to do" stuff is all. I only posted lists of things I have tried or want to try is all. :D And thanks for the compliment. Much a appreciated :D
  2. F

20,000 pageviews, thank you

Sheesh you will make me blush. Thanks a lot for your comments. :D:D:D:D I much appreciate what you have to say. It encourages me to do more. Thanks again :D
  3. F

Actually I don't do shipping and receiving stuff if you mean for trucks. That is why I didn't include it. As for finding it I suppose I could if I looked for it. However I only put up things that I have done, not what others have done as I do not want to get into a copyright battle with anyone...
  4. F

20,000 pageviews, thank you

Just wanted to thank all f you guys for the fact that I recently reached 20,000 age views in the model railroading section of my websites. Thanks guys. I could never have done it without you. :)
  5. F

I have added a bunch of checklists that some of you may find helpful when planning your layouts. You can find the link by scrolling down to todays date on my main page [where I post all updates by the way]. The link is in my signature. :) I hope that someone finds them helpful.
  6. F

Strange request

Well as no one seems interested I won't waste anyones time here by telling you I now have video tutorials. Bye all
  7. F

Strange request

Ok well just thought you might want to know that someone nearby gave me a sony camcorder. I was hoping it would be a model RR but it was not to be. Anyhow, as soon as I can afford tapes [or get some for free? ] I will be shooting video tutorials if any one is interested.
  8. F

Plywood or foam?

I use foam on plywood. Pop over to my site to see how I did it if you wish. :)
  9. F

What brand of track and why?

Carey pop over to my site, I have some pics of them. If you think that is cheating, try some LOL. :D I am willing to bet a few others would like to 'cheat' like that LOL :)
  10. F

Strange request

As some of you may or may not know, I am making tutorials on my website. What my request is is this. If anyone has an old cam corder they don't want, I would appreciate it so I can make videos of what I am doing and post them for others. It can even be as old as one of those old VHS camcorder...
  11. F

Laying the track

Since any of you may have visited I updated the links to the pics so it should be easier to follow now. Also as a teaser I linked to the pictures of the stub switches. I will write the article when it is cooler. Til then enjoy.
  12. F

weekend photo fun 07-21-2006

If I am not having as much fun as those kids, then I am taking my 'hobby' too seriously. :)
  13. F

What brand of track and why?

I make my own stub switches so I don't have problems with points LOL. As for rail, I am currently using code 83 because it was on sale from $1.80 per rail to 20 cents per rail if I took the last 150 rails off of this stores hands. They hadn't sold any for a loooong time. I lay my own track and...
  14. F

Weather attempt 1

sheesh, I wish my 'first' attempts were half that good. The first two pics inparticular are very very good from what i see of them. You seem to be a natural for this. Good going :)
  15. F

A Goody For The Oldtimers

So true so true. Yet idiots called PSYCHOlogists will say our children are better off now. Look at a newspaper, yeah right.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.