Recent content by Dameon

1. D

track layout ideas

I swear by Uni-track and I would use it for anything comparable in size to a 4x8 or smaller. Though, for a large basement spanning empire where I'd want the design flexibility of using flextrack I might try another manufactures. Otherwise I've found Kato track impossible to beat.
  2. D

Over the river

That looks gorgeous!
  3. D

WWII Train Derailing Experiments

Since I know many of us tend to share a love of history as well as trains, I though ya'll might enjoy this video I found: US WWII Train Derailing Experiments
  4. D

my son is one lucky kid

Is there actually demand for locomotive crews now? I'd have thought with the way the economy is now (and about to head) and all the engines already sitting cold that most engineers would be hard up for work, let alone that companies would be hiring.
  5. D

Train Shows

Well I am from SC and we just had our annual local train show. I used to live in MA and wasn't far from the Big E show. THAT was an awesome show. Down here they are tiny.. but I am glad they happen. I do agree with certain sentiments: A lot of what I see for sale at train shows is junk...
  6. D

Train display shelf and sunlight

Any craft store that does framing should be able to help you out. You can get glass/plastic designed to protect things from color fading UV rays. Sorry I don't know all the specific terminology. They should be able to get you some and even cut it to the size you need. My local Hobby Lobby is...
  7. D

This is horrible.

It's amazing, the vitrol and hatred being vented at the engineer by completely ignorant people. I really have sympathy for that poor guy. I don't see how this could be anything but the truck diver's total lack of judgement. You don't start across a crossing unless you have enough space to...
  8. D

Above the Door layout advice

Perhaps pointless for your own design druthers, but right now I have nothing except trains sitting in a box collecting dust and age. Getting them out and running helps keep the enthusiasm going. I've never been a big fan of shelf layouts for myself because often I just like to watch trains...
  9. D

Above the Door layout advice

Does anyone have any experience with one of these set-ups? Lessons learned or things you would have done differently? I didn't want to call it an "around the room" design as that give the wrong impression. I am planning one of those set ups where the track goes around the room, above the...
  10. D

First layout - criticism requested. This is stressing me out a little LOL

Relax! This is a hobby, it is supposed to be fun! If you can't decide what you want there, consider that either you are just rushing into this and need to stop or that maybe... you should just leave that space empty! Seriously, it's better to leave it blank than put something there just to...
  11. D

Son's train layout

OMG.. seeing this just made me realize I can actually put a track around my computer/office room! That hadn't even occurred to me before!
  12. D

Unused Tracks

Don't leave that up to some ladies at a fabric store! Call the local police and tell them, they will notify the railroad and probably direct officers to keep an eye out during their patrols.
  13. D

More Milwaukee Electrics.

Thanks for posting this. That is some beautiful country and a railroad I knew little about and some really interesting electrics! Seeing your pictures prompted me to look up and read about them! It does make me sad to think how it is all gone now. :(
  14. D

Another WTH Ebay Moment

I often see this stuff and in my disbelief that people can be so stupid, wonder if they do this sort of thing to launder money using multiple accounts.
  15. D

Roundhouse Build

So, wait, is that just all someone's private collection!?

Back