Over the river

Here's a shot of a river crossing that I just completed for a scenery clinic that I'm giving in May. The only thing faked in the photo is the smoke and steam that I added with Gimp. Everything else is modeled. The bridge is scratch, the ground cover is real dirt/leaves, built on a base of pink foam. See more at http://dmirhillcitysub.blogspot.com/

P3241572_resize.jpg

Very nice scene. You kitbashed that bridge? Holy cow that looks so real. And how did you get the rust on the rails like that? Very realistic.

If you rust up that front coupler on that locomotive like you did the rails, that would really set it off nicely.

by the way, what kind/brand of locomotive is that? Great looking steamer.

wow that looks amazing. What did you do for weathering the rails like that?

Thanks. Nothing special with the rails, just painted them with rust-colored paint, sanded the tops, then brushed with some black and brown chalk. This is a non-powered diorama, so I wasn't concerned with keeping them functional.

Very nice scene. You kitbashed that bridge? Holy cow that looks so real. And how did you get the rust on the rails like that? Very realistic.

If you rust up that front coupler on that locomotive like you did the rails, that would really set it off nicely.

by the way, what kind/brand of locomotive is that? Great looking steamer.

Thanks. The bridge is 100% scratchbuilt, no kits involved.

That horrid front coupler really bugs me in photos, but I haven't been brave enough to lay a brush on that locomotive. Yet.

The loco is a Bachmann Spectrum with DCC and sound.

Back