Running Bear's September 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL opens tonight. Detroit @ KC 2020 EDT on NBC, for those interested.
I'm hoping for an interesting game! Although it will be another game on the DVR.

I suspect Detroit will be much improved over last year's 9-8 record. They won four of their last five games last year!

Last edited:
Another adventure in Home Depot yesterday. I go there to pick up a tile cutter and I'm standing in line. It looked like the persons in front of me were going to use the automated payment system. The guy said to his girlfriend or wife lets go and they walked out with one of those low boys shopping carts fulled to the top with stuff. I said to the Home Depot assistant did they pay, he said no. We are not allowed to confront anyone if they decide not to pay. He said it happens every day now. I have an ex-NYS Tropper friend I play golf with that told me the guys who stole from the Brwester Home Depot a month ago when I was there decided to use the same method in Wappinger Falls store. On the way out they nocked over and old guy in there hast and he took their license plate number and filed assault charges. With the assault charges the Troppers got involved chased them and they wrecked their car and are now in jail. They didn't realize Home Depot has a new policy where you can walk out without paying, no need to rush.
Swal

Just like a model railroad, only bigger.
1694139529930.png

Well howdy there internet soggy muggy peeps

It's Troy again, and NE Indiana is cloudy, 60 F degrees, with an expected high of 72 f degrees.

I've got long sleeves and long pants on. Finally!

Heading out to the optometrist for the annual check in about an hour. I may hit Target before then. I never know if they're going to dilate my eyes or not. If they do, driving home and staying will be my mission.

Had pizza at the local wood-fired oven place last night. For once they didn't super burn the edges. Sometimes they get it too close to the fire.

Pizza.jpg

That's their "Carne" pizza with extra Mozz. We had a chatty waiter who complained he had a migraine. And had just purchased a "new bike" (I assumed it was the motor variety.)

I'm happy to chat with servers, but leading off with "I'm waiting on my Excedrin Migraine pills to kick in, isn't the best way to start a conversation with your patrons. And he repeated it all at the next table to be seated.

Ah well. He did fine other than that and got the normal 20% tip. He was actually very attentive (just overly sharing of his personal life).

And, as I'm closing in on finishing my Nightmarish Night Stalker army, I decided the next project will be orcs. If only I had the room to build an O-scale layout, I could put these figures in the scenes. But I don't want a point-to-point, so N-scale it is.

Here's the pile of greenskins waiting to be built.
Orcs.jpg

That's about a third of what I need.

Good morning. It's clear and 75.
I heard back from the doc early this morning. The reason he is switching my BP meds is because he noticed a lot of skin bruising on my arms. With the current BP med, I bruise very easily, and I bruise a lot because I have to force my hands and arms into places they really shouldn't go in order to do my job.
I guess we'll see, though the first time I end up camped out on the toilet, I'm putting myself back on the old stuff.

Good morning from a chill neighborhood in my part of WIsconsin. The temperature now is 58f degrees heading to a high of 69. The low was 54 at 4:30AM. The pool is at 84 and felt pretty damn good this morning.

Today, another solar contractor is coming out. The landscape crews arrived at noon, dropped off the trailers and other equipment and left around 1. I did find out how we got moved up in the schedule, a divorce!

More weathering projects, I might finish off today the 2 NS locomotives. There are reasons why I don’t test the locomotives I get from clients. I don’t want to accidentally damage a decoder is number 1. Another reason is I like locomotives and could easily make a layout based just on a large engine facility so by not testing I won’t obsess about getting the tested locomotive for myself. The current client has had issue in the past with weatherers gumming up his diesels. So I tested 4 of his and video recorded them. No issues except for me. Thankfully I cannot find a a 9-40C diesel RC no sound from Scaletrains. It’s an ugly brute that really has been growing on me and when it fired up yesterday, chills…

Started 3 Atlas centerbeams for me or as they call them Center Partition cars. I did them for me which means no graffiti and heavily weathered. I will take some pictures today and put them in the Continuous Weathering threads. CambriaArea51 (Tom’s) Locomotive thread for the 2 NS and my rolling stock thread for the 3 Centerbeams and 9 Sulfur cars also worked on yesterday. Go visit please!

Another Volleyball match on Campus tonight. The students are back in session and the always rambunctious student section was at least 4 times what it was last week before school started. I really enjoy the game but I think the atmosphere and yes the eye candy is exciting enough to wake a dead guy and I ain’t there yet!

enjoy the day

Good Morning All. Clear and 81° on this last day of expected triple digit temperatures this season. At 9:00 pm last night, it was still 101° when I hit the sack. Yesterday's high was just 106°, a bit cooler than the forecast for today. Wind will shift from the east tomorrow, bringing high humidity but cooler temperatures as a low pressure system moves in bringing moisture up from the Gulf of Mexico. We might finally see some real rain starting next week. I haven't recorded a real rain since June 4.

The delayed weekly grocery trek is this morning, the list is fairly short but enough to warrant a trip. Nice visit with wife's sister and her husband yesterday, at a sports bar on the north side of Ft Worth. Food was above average, beer was extra cold.

I was only in the train shed for a short time yesterday and just ran trains. I took some engineer's views of track along the way.
IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

Sherrel - I read earlier today that sore throat may be a symptom of the latest round of China Virus. If you haven't already done so, you might want to get tested. I don't know about the reliability of the news article that was linked by MSN.
Sorry to read about your grandson's misadventure.
Joe - What they do at Zorba's when I am not in the train shed, stays out there and I never know!;)
Curt - Mostly I wait for the shifting to correct itself which it usually does once it rains again. I no longer crawl under the house for minor shimming, although I still do some along the perimeter where I can do it from outside.
Unfortunately I think that Mickey died without using one of the traps that I set, as there is an odor present. I didn't have time yesterday to look.
Swal - I recently witnessed a similar incident at my local Home Depot, but instead of confronting, a number of employees and a few customers, surrounded the guy and blocked his exit until the police arrived. One of the customers had an open carry weapon clearly visible so the culprit didn't try anything stupid after that.

Everyone have a great Friday and an awesome weekend.

Willie: Nice upgrade at Zorba's....Do they dance and throw plates there?
NFL opens tonight. Detroit @ KC 2020 EDT on NBC, for those interested.
JOE: That's a good one on Zorba's - I didn't think about that?

I watched the game last evening. K.C. was where I started my career ... I have always liked the Cheif's (just thought of the Southwest getaway commercial, lol) I was able to attend a couple of games in K.C. as a neighbor always had season tickets and his wife didn't like to go she said,
"I get to watch enough rough housing and fighting at home!"
Disappointed in the final 6-8 minutes of play -- KC made several boo-boos which cost them the game!

TomO - Yes, I was very diligent in that medicine - I placed an email to the doctor last night - should hear back today? "GOOD ON" the bicycle saga!

I just wish the Padres could have ONE winning season before I Croke!

Biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon - please, FLO -- and give TomO another D. Pepper on me!

Ham, sausage,eggs,hashbrowns(shredded), & OJ is required this am. need food to replace the cigarettes I havent had for 48 hrs. Its a start & everything has a starting point
Some more pics of the RR museum stop.

Attachments

• IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    667.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    603.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    756.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2290.JPG